S'mores Bread Pudding!!

Reaction score
I was looking for something fun to make with just bread and this is what I stumbled upon:

S'mores Bread Pudding!

Ingredients:
Unsalted butter or pan spray, for ramekins
5 cups stale* 1/2-inch bread cubes (see note)
5 graham crackers, roughly chopped
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup roughly chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups milk

Directions:
Place the oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter eight (1-cup) ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the bread cubes, graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. Evenly distribute the mixture into each of the ramekins.
Whisk the brown sugar, eggs and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Then whisk in the milk until well-combined and smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes in the ramekins, pressing down lightly with your hands and making sure that all the bread starts soaking in the custard.
Soak for 15 minutes and then put the baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the filling is set and the top is lightly browned, crusted and puffed — about 35 to 40 minutes.
Allow the bread pudding to cool for a few minutes (it will deflate) and serve hot while the chocolate is still gooey.

Has anyone else tried this? Let me know!

Can't wait to try this over the weekend!

Reaction score
YUM. We don't have graham crackers in the UK but this looks delicious anyway and I'm sure I could find something to substitute :)

I'm a big fan of bread and butter pudding myself. Here's a basic recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/breadandbutterpuddin_85936 So. Good. And it's delicious even if you leave it for a couple of days too! My housemate made a chocolate bread and butter pudding recently and omg I am considering employing her as my permanent cook. ;)

Reaction score
I have never heard of this type of bread pudding but it does sound delicious. It seems to also be a simple recipe and I would like to try it. If anyone here tries it, let me know of the outcome.

Reaction score
Well it certainly sounds interesting, I have always heard people talking of smores but I dont actually know what smores are, seems like it could be tasty

Reaction score
Oh I love bread pudding , but I never found a good recipe to try out on my own. This look like something would not mind testing out. What type of bread makes the best bread pudding?

Ask a Question