Snazzing up Jiffy Cornbread mix

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Jiffy is pretty darned delicious, but you don't have to just follow the directions on the box! By swapping out the milk for other moist products, you can make some awesome creations! Just make sure you add enough moisture (and milk if needed) to make it the same consistency or slightly thicker than when you make it with milk alone. Below are some of my favorite swaps.

1/2 can creamed corn, some frozen corn, and heavy whipping cream (to consistency)
Pesto (more than you would think!) and roasted garlic (milk to consistency)
Pureed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, a little ground rosemary with heavy cream

Then you can throw in other fun things like chopped jalapeños, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, you name it! You can also fold things into the finished batter instead of completely blending them in. Stuff like strawberry preserves, etc.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! My boss always makes jalapenos cornbread to go with her chili. She made it for me once and I thought it was absolutely delicious!
I occassionally make cornbread with creamstyle corn in it. My husband loves it this way! His family always called it "corn casserole." Personally, I love cornbread no matter how its made. :)

Reaction score
I've heard it called corn casserole too! It seems like you would use a lot more creamed corn in it though than you would for regular corn bread? Corn bread is the best. I'm totally with you there. When I was in Jamaica, they would make this thick cornmeal pan-fried corn bread called Johnny Cake. It was amaaaaazing :)

Reaction score
Sounds good.

I am an Alders Cornmeal girl. Yet, I do add extra stuff to my cornbread that you can do the same with Jiffy. Here are the ingredients:

chopped onion
chopped jalapenos
1/2 cup of cheese

If you add the above into your bake mix of cornbread, you'll have a spicy cornbread that goes great with chili.

header-image.gif
My fav cornmeal.

Ask a Question