Some examples of baking disasters

Reaction score
I saw this and thought I'd share it here!

21 People Who Prove Your Baking Could Be Worse

Looking through it has actually given me some good inspiration for baking! I really like the melted snowman cookies and the watermelon cake (not the 'fail' versions - although to be fair I didn't think the attempt at the snowmen was bad at all!)

Reaction score
LOL some of those attempts looks like something that would happen to me. Thank you for the laugh this afternoon. No matter what I do I cannot make my baking experiments as pretty as they look on Pinterest.

Reaction score
I'm a Pinterest addict and I'm fairly certain that my projects wouldn't turn out as pretty as the ones on Pinterest. Out of the pictures in the article that Becky posted, I think the melted snowman cookies were the best attempt of the bunch and they didn't look that bad.

Reaction score
The last one is hilarious! These are brilliant. I know I shouldn't judge, as I probably wouldn't be able to recreate half the bakes I've pinned on Pinterest, but some of these have me at a loss for words. Number nine just makes me want to be sick, it looks like it's made of playdough!

Reaction score
The last one is hilarious! These are brilliant. I know I shouldn't judge, as I probably wouldn't be able to recreate half the bakes I've pinned on Pinterest, but some of these have me at a loss for words. Number nine just makes me want to be sick, it looks like it's made of playdough!

I know, right? That cake looks like when little kids mix together all the colors of Play Doh to make that sickly gray color.

Reaction score
LOL!!! Now I feel a lot better about my abilities. I agree that the snowman cookie looked OK to me. It wasn't exactly like the example, but still got the point across. Here's another site that will make us feel better about ourselves ;) http://www.cakewrecks.com/ Enjoy!

Reaction score
I don't know what cracked me up more, the pictures or the descriptions of the pictures. The picture with the oreo cookies actually made me laugh out loud, I laughed quite a few times actually. It's almost as if someone made those disasters on purpose, they were that good at looking bad.

Reaction score
LOL!!! Now I feel a lot better about my abilities. I agree that the snowman cookie looked OK to me. It wasn't exactly like the example, but still got the point across. Here's another site that will make us feel better about ourselves ;) http://www.cakewrecks.com/ Enjoy!

Wow. I can't believe that the cakes on Cakewrecks are made by professional bakers. I actually looked at some of them and thought that I could do a better job.

Reaction score
Those are funny! The saddest thing is I would probably do the same thing, although hopefully my colors wouldn't be quite so muddled. Pintrest decorating is alas, beyond my skill. Those people have way too much time on their hands and are way too talented for me!

Reaction score
LOL! That's why I leave certain types of baking to the experts. Some of those cakes are for persons who have very advanced skills in baking. I can bake but I would never try those recipes until I know for sure what I'm doing.

Reaction score
And I thought I had made some disastrous blunders in the baking department. The main reason they are so shocking is probably because we can see the results instead of the ones most of us make that others only hear about. Seldom do bakers take photos of work they aren't proud of. Thanks to the World Wide Web, practically nothing is left to the imagination anymore. Visuals can be found for everything.

Reaction score
I used to work in a supermarket bakery, which is where most of the "cake wrecks" come from. Sadly, "professional decorators" are not always to be found there. Sometimes it's the lowly sales associate who has to cover for the decorator that has called in sick. Or a bakery worker that's very competent in her job, but knows limited English. Then again...some of those people are just goofs who didn't pay attention to the instructions. LOL

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, these are great! Hahaha. I love seeing all the fancy Pinterest recipe ideas, and then the failed versions people try. The skeleton in the last one looked like he gained a little weight... lol.

Reaction score
Those are hysterical. Although I'm not *that* bad, I do wish I could frost my cakes so that it looks smooth and not so choppy.

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of how I was when I started baking. Everything was melted, burnt, undercooked or had way to much of one thing or another. At least I was able to learn what not to do. I'm sure all of these cooks could learn something from all of your examples. After all the only way to learn is to try.

Ask a Question