Something Different and Easy for Dinner

Reaction score
My new sister-in-law introduced me to this new recipe a few months ago and my family loves it and requests it often. Thought I would share.

Redneck Lasagna
1 box mac and cheese
1 pound hamburger
1 jar spaghetti sauce
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown hb meat,drain, add sauce. Prepare mac and cheese per usual instructions. Use casserole dish put half meat sauce mixture in bottom , top with half of mac and cheese, sprinkle with 1 1/2 c. of mozzarella cheese, repeat layer using all remaining ingredients. Bake on 350 til top is melted and bubbling. Enjoy.

This is a very easy version of lasagna and cost effective for those who like to save some money in the supermarket.

Reaction score
Thank you. I like easy recipes like this that are cost effective.
I buy a lot of mac and cheese at Walmart and this looks like a new way to prepare it that my kid will like. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
This is interesting. I usually don't make lasagne - even though I like it - because it is so time consuming!!! This recipe looks easier and actually tasty! I think I'm going to have to try it next time I have a craving for lasagne!

I hope my family likes it and requests it often! It seems that I have only a few recipes that my family requests! They are funny - they sometimes just want the old standbys - spaghetti, steaks, etc. And then when I make them they complain that I always make the same things. So, I try something new and they say why don't you make spaghetti? LOL!!! Oh, the things we do to keep their taste buds satisfied!!

Thanks for sharing it!

Reaction score
This is interesting. I usually don't make lasagne - even though I like it - because it is so time consuming!!! This recipe looks easier and actually tasty! I think I'm going to have to try it next time I have a craving for lasagne!

I hope my family likes it and requests it often! It seems that I have only a few recipes that my family requests! They are funny - they sometimes just want the old standbys - spaghetti, steaks, etc. And then when I make them they complain that I always make the same things. So, I try something new and they say why don't you make spaghetti? LOL!!! Oh, the things we do to keep their taste buds satisfied!!

Thanks for sharing it!

This has actually been requested by my kids when they stop by more than their standard favorite of spaghetti. My grandson even loves it. Let me know if it goes over well when you try it.

Reaction score
Oh, that is good to know! :) I am always looking for new and easy recipes! Anything to reduce the amount of time I spend cooking in the kitchen!
I love to use my crock pot too! Then I don't have to start something at 5 or thereabouts and just relax until the timer beeps!! LOL
For some reason baking seems relaxing - but cooking takes more effort. I love the end results of cooking but it seems harder to "get into" than baking!
Maybe it is my sweet-tooth talking!! LOL
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just live on baked goods alone!!! Haha!! :)

Reaction score
This sounds interesting, using the cheddar cheese sauce in a lasagna along with the tomato sauce and mozzarella.

Another shortcut I will take for lasagna, is to just simply layer frozen ravioli with the meat sauce and cheeses, then bake the whole thing.

Reaction score
This looks like a really good and delicious recipe!

Thanks for posting it and I will probably try this out in a few days.

Reaction score
I made lasagne in the crock pot the other day and it actually wasn't too bad. And, I didn't have any "no boil" lasagne noodles so I just used the "real thing" and cooking all day they came out fine and I got to cut out the step I hate!! LOL!
I've also been experimenting with just cooking the hamburger right in the crockpot instead of pre-cooking it - because I don't like having to do that extra step. Yes, I am lazy!!! :) And, it has always cooked very well and no issues!!! Yay!!! I've done it for chili, and a couple of other dishes and no problems!
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Reaction score
My new sister-in-law introduced me to this new recipe a few months ago and my family loves it and requests it often. Thought I would share.

Redneck Lasagna
1 box mac and cheese
1 pound hamburger
1 jar spaghetti sauce
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown hb meat,drain, add sauce. Prepare mac and cheese per usual instructions. Use casserole dish put half meat sauce mixture in bottom , top with half of mac and cheese, sprinkle with 1 1/2 c. of mozzarella cheese, repeat layer using all remaining ingredients. Bake on 350 til top is melted and bubbling. Enjoy.

This is a very easy version of lasagna and cost effective for those who like to save some money in the supermarket.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. This appears to be a quick and easy one to make. It sounds delicious, too.
I'm a big fan of any recipe with cheese. Like I always say, you can't have too much cheese.

Reaction score
This sounds like a very tasty and economical meal that the whole family would enjoy; just a few days ago i made a Macaroni and Cheese Ham Pie and to my delight it was loved by all.

Ask a Question