Soup

Reaction score
On this rainy day All I can think about is how nice it would be to have a steaming hot bowl of soup with a toast cheese sandwich. I love making my own soup , canned soup is just not the same. Do you make your own soup? What is your favorite kind of soup and what do you like to eat with it?

Reaction score
I make chicken soup at my husband's request during the cold winter months. We have it with garlic bread. The soup is made 100 percent from scratch and it is much better than any canned soup. I would also love to find a good recipe for Italian Veggie soup.

Reaction score
My two favorite soups to make are split pea (I like to make some type of sourdough bread to go with it) or potato leek soup. The potato leek can take a bit of time because cleaning the leeks and cutting them is tedious, but it is so worth the effort.

Reaction score
I love making soup! I make chicken noodle, chicken and rice, chili, vegetable beef, potato soup and tons of other kinds. Sometimes I'll just toss together whatever's in the fridge and freezer and make soup, and those are some of the best batches ever.

Reaction score
I have a broccoli/cheddar soup recipe that is "souper" yummy!!! Sorry - couldn't resist!!! LOL! And, the nice thing is you can freeze it and when you want to heat it you just add the cheese. It is really good and I've made it for others for family emergencies. It is getting nice here now so soup just doesn't sound good. But, it won't be long and we will be back to making it again! Haha! :)

Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot -- broccoli and cheddar soup is very good! I would love it if you would share your recipe with us! I haven't found one that I love yet.

Reaction score
Linda - I will post it. Making myself a note to do so. I need to scan it and then upload. I wanted you to know I saw the message and wasn't ignoring you. :)
I'll try to get to it by next week. :)
I think you will really enjoy this soup! :)

Reaction score
Thanks! I am sure I will! Broccoli and cheese are two of my most favorite things!

Ask a Question