Soups using sweet potato?

Reaction score
I love sweet potato and I love soup at this time of the year!

Does anyone have any good soup recipes using sweet potato? Occasionally I make a sweet potato and andouille soup, but I make it on the fly without any real recipe - it's delish, though!!

I'd love to get some sweet potato inspiration from you all if you have any!

Reaction score
If you take the sweet out of it, then you might have yourself with a lot of soup options out there, but I am not sure I have much that feature the sweet potato. Maybe it is me not looking, which might be the case because I do not care much for them, but still. Best of luck to you.

Reaction score
I just posted this link with multiple pumpkin and squash recipes in another thread. There's one for a pumpkin curry, as well as a soup. I'm sure you could substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin in either, with great results. There's also a harvest pumpkin soup mentioned, and that sweet potato would probably be nice combined with the parsnips, turnips and potatoes called for in that one.

Reaction score
I just posted this link with multiple pumpkin and squash recipes in another thread. There's one for a pumpkin curry, as well as a soup. I'm sure you could substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin in either, with great results. There's also a harvest pumpkin soup mentioned, and that sweet potato would probably be nice combined with the parsnips, turnips and potatoes called for in that one.

YUM Diane!! This is right up my alley - I love curries (to me they are perfect for when the weather starts getting cooler!) and using pumpkin and seasonal veggies is wonderful.

The stew using the pumpkins as bowls is such a cute way of serving a meal, too! I love that for a fall dish!

Reaction score
Last night I had dinner with my parents in law, my mother in law made a stew, it had sweet potato! Definitely not something I am used to, but it was quite nice. It gave the stew an interesting taste.

Reaction score
Our soup with sweet potato is the native soup that is not creamy. And you have to sautee by frying crushed garlic and sliced onions first before adding the water. Upon boiling, you can add the sweet potato and spinach (or moringa fruit if you can find it there). Boil until the sweet potato is very soft and disintegrating. Add a dash of salt for a little flavoring and there you have a sweet potato soup Philippine style.

Reaction score
I've never tried sweet potato, but it sounds like something really tasty and good, I'll see if I Can find those in my city and try them out.

Reaction score
Last night I had dinner with my parents in law, my mother in law made a stew, it had sweet potato! Definitely not something I am used to, but it was quite nice. It gave the stew an interesting taste.

I actually love making curries and things like that with sweet potato instead of regular potato - so the stew you mentioned sounds real yummy! I've missed you Trellum - I was so happy to see your name pop up in my alerts! :)

Reaction score
I actually love making curries and things like that with sweet potato instead of regular potato - so the stew you mentioned sounds real yummy! I've missed you Trellum - I was so happy to see your name pop up in my alerts! :)

I just made a soup last night with sweet potatoes and it was great, indeed.

Ask a Question