Sour cream chocolate cookie

Reaction score
I tried this recently and I don't think I am trying it again anytime soon. Actually I think I am going to take a step back from the cookies for a while. While the taste and 'texture' were good, I ended up making a muffin or small cake instead. This is the second or third time I have made mistakes with the way I drop the cookies. Has anyone here had that experience? Has anyone here tried this cookie?

Reaction score
Hi there! Can you share that recipe with us? I'd like to see the list of ingredients, I had never heard of a sour cream chocolate cookie. I like sour cream, but the chocolate + sour cream mix doesn't sound so good. I could be wrong though, hehehe! By the way, don't worry, I had a lot trouble with cookies as well, took me a while to get them right... I prefer to avoid that kind oif recipes where you need to place the cookie dough on the baking tray with a spoon.

Reaction score
I've used sour cream in cakes and muffins before but never cookies -- I'm curious to see the recipe too. I'm not a great cookie baker though so I'm probably not the best person to ask for help here! I'm sure though someone could weigh in if you've got the recipe handy and perhaps give some suggestions to modifying it (quantities or entire ingredients) to make the consistency a little better perhaps. Nevertheless, I'm curious and wouldn't mind trying a cookie recipe that contains sour cream, it sounds interesting!

Reaction score
It might be your dough is too firm. What dat are you using? If you used shortening, it has a much higher melting temperature than butter, so the dough won't spread and flatten as much.

Reaction score
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sour-cream-chocolate-cookies

That's the recipe I used. I used a converter I found somewhere online. DancingLady, I used butter and there was good spreading. I suspect I made the spoonfuls too big and that I should have made more cookies with less dough. My son did not even touch them and the fact that I left them uncovered perhaps out my disappointment my husband said he saw flies land on them and he did not eat any after that. You should see me taking out the chocolate chips and giving my ever loyal soldiers the dogs. They loved them but eventually threw some out for the birds.

Reaction score
I think it was the spoonfuls too, Wintery, because after reading this recipe I can see is hard to mess. So I think you picked too much of the mix with the sppons, and this is why I am kinda afraid of this kind of cookies :p

Reaction score
I think it was the spoonfuls too, Wintery, because after reading this recipe I can see is hard to mess. So I think you picked too much of the mix with the sppons, and this is why I am kinda afraid of this kind of cookies :p[/QUOTE

I guess I solved my own mystery, but still think I am going to ease off of the cookies for a bit. I also need to get some more baking sheets so that I can drop more freely and not try to squeeze too much into one pan. Most of the success I have had with cookies came from box mixes especially a vegan one I made some time back. What's also good about those is that the amount of cookies is just right for my needs. The only problem I've had is that most are too sweet and my husband hates when they are sweet and he leaves them out completely.

Ask a Question