Sourdough

Reaction score
Hi

I love baking sourdough bread and currently make rye sours most of the time. I've tried wheat and spelt and that was all pretty straight forward, but I was wondering if anyone here has made any of the sours that are a bit out of the ordinary? I've heard of one made with chickpea flour, and one with rice flour, but I can't imagine what the flavour would be like. I would like to give it a try at some point, I just thought I'd see if anyone else has enjoyed making them!

Thanks

Reaction score
I have never made sour dough bread before. Maybe I should give it try I might use rice flour because I use this flour for other recipes.

Reaction score
I used to make sourdough bread and rolls, but I have not done that for a long time now. Does anyone have a good recipe for a sourdough starter ? I would love to make bread that way again.
I have not tried chickpea flour in bread , but I have used the blender and ground up dried beans or lentils, and added a little to make that Ezekiel Bread. Then I read that back in the Bible times, what they did was actually soak the beans and lentils and after they sprouted, then they added it to the bread dough. I also read that they sproutedthe wheat, and then ground it after it was soaked and soft. Sprouted grains are very healthy, so this would have made the bread much more nutritious .

Ask a Question