Special, yet fail proof, vegan sponge

Discussion in 'Vegan Baking' started by TheBlueApron, Aug 14, 2018.

1. TheBlueApron

TheBlueApron New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to making anything vegan but wanting to learn more about it. I am just starting up as a home baker making cakes, on a very small scale and wanted to look to expand my knowledge a little on vegan cakes. I have found previous attempts to be quite dense and not anything very pretty!
    Any advice is most welcome!
    Thanks
    Becky

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018
    TheBlueApron, Aug 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. TheBlueApron

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @TheBlueApron :) Just a quick note on forum etiquette, it's considered spammy when you put a link to your site in every post. If you become a regular contributing member then I'd be happy for you to have a link in your signature though.

Re vegan sponge cakes, this is my go-to recipe: https://www.baking-forums.com/threads/vegan-chocolate-cupcakes-with-a-hint-of-coconut.1081/

It's a chocolate sponge cake, but you could try replacing the cocoa powder with extra flour. They're always popular at parties, no-one can ever tell they're vegan!

Becky, Aug 15, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. TheBlueApron

Baking_fool336 New Member

Hi
    I was wondering if you this plain flour could be replaced with a gluten free kind? Thanks!

Baking_fool336, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:54 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question