Spill it, bakers...what's your secret ingredient?

Reaction score
What the magic element that makes your cookies, cakes, brownies or muffins extra delicious?

Reaction score
I don't have a secret ingredient but I do know when you under bake for about 5 minutes your desserts aren't hard and stiff.

Reaction score
My only secret is that I just use real butter and sugar, not margarine or synthetic sweeteners. It definitely makes a difference to the taste of the final product.

Reaction score
I always add a little extra salt and double the amount of vanilla called for.
I also add powdered milk to my cookies (adds some chew and just a hint of creaminess).

Reaction score
I add a teaspoon to of instant coffee to chocolate. It really brings out the chocolate flavor. I read that in a newspaper article in the food section. It seemed out, but I tried it. It really works.

Reaction score
This is going to sound so dumb and so cliche but definitely love and compassion and just being in a good mood overall. I've noticed that when I bake in a good mood and if it's for someone I care a lot about, the food and the baked good will come out 100x better than if I was baking in a bad mood or baking something for someone I only like a little.

I was kinda skeptical at first too but I've tried it many times and the result was as I had described. Weird, huh?

Ask a Question