Looking for a vegetarian spinach pizza-like pie

Reaction score
This is not a recipe but a search. There was a restaurant a long time ago where we used to dine. They have the best pie that is spinach in flavor. It is a vegetarian pie that is eaten like pizza because it is served with hot sauce. Now we learned that the restaurant was not around anymore. And we even forgot the name of the pie, it's something like lasagna verde but it's not really lasagna. Pardon me if I cannot fully describe the pie.

Do you have an idea bout a pie made of spinach as the main flavoring?

Reaction score
Is it a pastry crust rather than lasagna pasta? I think I've had something similar at an old restaurant where I used to work. Does it also have cheese?

This might be similar: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2742/cheese+and+spinach+pies (was the first one I found). If this recipe doesn't work for you, maybe searching "spinach pie verde" without the word lasagna included would be more effective.

Reaction score
The link that Zyni shared is the first thing that comes to mind when I think spinach pie. My mom used to make a similar one growing up. But I don't know if that's the sort of thing you have in mind, Corzhens?

Reaction score
Well I am not sure that I can really help you find this one, but I have to say that it sounds pretty intriguing. I have a good friend who is vegan and I always like to find things that we can both eat, without me being weary of it, and this is certainly something that I would put in that category. I hope that you find your answer, but thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
The link that Zyni shared is the first thing that comes to mind when I think spinach pie. My mom used to make a similar one growing up. But I don't know if that's the sort of thing you have in mind, Corzhens?

Maybe that didn't hit the mark. Either way, it has me craving this dish right now. Wouldn't this make a nice addition to a brunch buffet?

I have to admit, I'm partial to spinach, so it's hard to find a recipe that contains it that doesn't appeal to me.

Reaction score
The closest thing I can think of would be spinach quiche, which is a favorite of mine. It is basically a savory pie, made with eggs and spinach, as well as whatever else you choose to put in it. It's usually not quite as thick as a pie, but is usually not as flat as a pizza pie. However, I found this one recipe and it does look somewhat like a spinach pizza, so maybe this would serve your purpose.

Reaction score
I had sourced out the subject of this thread. It is called Lasagna Verde which is more like a pie that has fillings. And my husband also remembers the restaurant in the business district of Makati City but unfortunately it is already gone and the building was renovated. So it's now goodbye to Lasagna Verde for the meantime until we find that restaurant that may be hiding somewhere in the city.

Reaction score
This is not a recipe but a search. There was a restaurant a long time ago where we used to dine. They have the best pie that is spinach in flavor. It is a vegetarian pie that is eaten like pizza because it is served with hot sauce. Now we learned that the restaurant was not around anymore. And we even forgot the name of the pie, it's something like lasagna verde but it's not really lasagna. Pardon me if I cannot fully describe the pie.

Do you have an idea bout a pie made of spinach as the main flavoring?

Are you sure it was spinach pie and not a vegetable lasagna?

Ask a Question