St Patricks Day

Reaction score
My husbands birthday also falls on St Patricks Day - so it's a fun excuse to bake (not that I really need an excuse, though!)

I thought this cake could be fun to make him for his birthday:

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-guinness-cake-3086

Chocolate and Guinness sounds like a fun combination to me!

I know we're not even quite at Valentine's Day yet, but do you plan on doing any baking for St Patricks Day?

Reaction score
That sounds like an excellent idea! :) I'm sure he'd love it. I've baked quite a few Nigella cake recipes before, and they always turn out well.

We don't tend to do much for St Patrick's day here apart from drink Guinness :D

Reaction score
Nigella Lawson is AWESOME!

I don't know about that cake though. My granny used to make beer bread, which was good, but I don't know about cake!

If you hubby loves his beer, I'm sure he will love this cake!

Reaction score
Saint Patricks Choco Mint Brownies
green-cheesecake-brownies.jpg

Reaction score
I always make a boiled dinner for St. Patrick's Day, and some sort of quick bread/cake. This year, I plan on making scones, but I haven't decided which type to make yet. Golden raisins would be nice, but I have also always wanted to make pistachio scones.

I usually sneak off to HEB and pick up a few of their pistachio muffins for the occasion, because they're scrumptious and are only around $1.00 apiece. It's probably a good thing HEB isn't closer, because I'd probably eat a lot more of their muffins.

The Guinness cake looks and sounds really good. I'd love to try a bit of it before making it, just to see how I liked it. I think my dad would have really enjoyed that.

Reaction score
Saint Patricks Choco Mint Brownies
green-cheesecake-brownies.jpg

Those look DELICIOUS...chocolate and mint is one of my most loved combinations...but my husband says to him it tastes like toothpaste! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A lot of the time when we get ice cream I will choose mint choc chip just so I don't have to share!

Reaction score
I think I might make cranberry pistachio scones for St. Patrick's Day. That is if I can remember to purchase the pistachios when I go grocery shopping. If I forget, they might turn out to be just Cranberry Scones, or perhaps Cranberry Butterfinger Scones, since I do have some Butterfinger Bits here. Then again, in that case, I might leave out the cranberries entirely, and just use the Butterfinger bits.

Reaction score
The green of pistachios or mint would work perfectly for St. Patty's Day. I think I'm just going to make some sugar cookies with green sugar. Maybe some mini cupcakes with green icing would work too. I was thinking of trying the cookies with some sugar substitute.

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads