Stand mixer

Reaction score
I like to bake 2-3 times a week mainly muffins cakes and biscuits etc I have started to suffer with arthritis so I am looking to buy a stand mixer just looking for recomendations for the best type to suit my needs any help appreciated

Reaction score
I like to bake 2-3 times a week mainly muffins cakes and biscuits etc I have started to suffer with arthritis so I am looking to buy a stand mixer just looking for recomendations for the best type to suit my needs any help appreciated

If you are just doing these types of baked goods, then a KitchenAid Artisan will be fine.

A 5 qt is usually plenty of capacity for the standard bake.

If you move up to a 6 qt, the noise level goes up.

I own a tilt head that is about 20 yrs old and a 6 qt lever bowl that is just a couple yrs old. As long as you don’t mix a lot of heavy pizza or bread doughs in a planetary mixer, you should get plenty of years of service from it.

Sales are starting this time of year, so now is a good time to shop around.

ST1

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondered if could cheekily jump on this thread and ask something related. I'm using a stand mixer to make italian meringue.

I'm using a stand mixer and pouring the hot syrup into a fairly small amount of egg white but most of the sugar syrup just ends up on the side of the bowl (and conjealed at the bottom underneath the egg white) rather than incorporated which leads me to have a poorly-structured meringue, lacking a fair bit of aeration.

Any tips/solutions? My two thoughts were, 1. Use a hand mixer with whisk attachment instead; 2. The setting is too high and should be slow whilst incorporating the syrup.

Ask a Question