Essential Equipment for Mini Bakeshop

Reaction score
I'm always interested to set up a bakeshop in our town where people can stop over, have a coffee and at the same time eat in the shop. If you are to start with simple machines, what are these?

What kind of equipments must i buy to start with just a mini bakeshop?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you would need to do but I just wanted to say that a pastry shop sounds like a great idea and good luck with everything.

Reaction score
I would think you'd need a few good ovens and kitchen aid mixers. Other than that I have no idea! I, too, dream of opening a bakery. It would do well here because, there are a lot of expats who miss American/Canadian chocolate and/or sweetness in their goodies. Mexican chocolate is very bitter and their pastries aren't very sweet. It's hard to find a good cake or pastry here. The best we can get is Starbucks but, even their food is different. For example, their Lemon Loaf has pistachios in it. I just don't have the capital.

Reaction score
Starting a business is a big decision, and of course you need the right equipment, and I agree, lots of capital. I was so disappointed the novelty cupcake shop in my town just closed down after only 18 months. Running a business nowadays is very hard work, and you really have to be on your game to run with the competition and get the customers in your door. Not only would you need the right equipment to physically make the pastries and coffee for your shop, but you'd need to hire the right employees you can trust to keep the place going, and think about what kind of marketing you're willing to invest in.
I think what made this place I'm thinking of fail so quickly is that whenever I went in there it was always empty. They didn't have a website, their Facebook page was weak, and no one had ever heard of it, so no one went. I don't know what their business plan was but as an outsider it didn't seem like they advertised or made great leaps to get their name out there to the public, even in local papers and fliers. It was such a cute place, and their cupcakes were delicious, but they still ended up going out of business.
In order to have a successful baking business, it seems, you don't just have to have the baking skill, but business sense and a willingness to do what it takes to get your name out there in bright, flashy capital letters.

Reaction score
A mini bakeshop is a great career. You need to create a business plan first. The business plan should have the equipment, location and marketing needed to open the bakeshop. An oven, mixer and refrigerator is the equipment needed to start a bakery.

Reaction score
I would think you'd need a few good ovens and kitchen aid mixers. Other than that I have no idea! I, too, dream of opening a bakery. It would do well here because, there are a lot of expats who miss American/Canadian chocolate and/or sweetness in their goodies. Mexican chocolate is very bitter and their pastries aren't very sweet. It's hard to find a good cake or pastry here. The best we can get is Starbucks but, even their food is different. For example, their Lemon Loaf has pistachios in it. I just don't have the capital.

Mexican chocolate is very different! Their snacks in general are strange to my taste buds. I use to work with this Hispanic girl, and she always had a pocketful of suckers and candies. She gave me a sucker one day. I was expecting it to be sweet, but it was hot and spicy!

Back on topic, I think you would have to think about what you are going to serve and the quantities you will serve. You might need a couple industrial ovens, mixers, cooling racks, piping equipment, and those things that let you squirt filling into pastries. Good luck, if you follow your dream. It might be hard work in the beginning, but worth it.

Reaction score
I know! Our friend wanted to treat us to dessert at Panama today as, apparently, they have a really good three chocolate cake. I diverted the conversation to another bakery that is closer to our liking of sweeter chocolates. Then none of us had chocolate, go figure. I always see candy apples on the side of the road, they look so good but I have to tell myself they're not what you're expecting. I think they're hot too.

I can't believe I forgot to mention a business plan is where you need to start. You, absolutely, need one before you begin thinking of anything else. A business plan helps you determine everything you need to start the business, especially the things you need. A lot of businesses, here, start and close up quicker than 18 months. I've seen many close up in a manner of months. I could never figure out how they would expect to get a business going in so little time but you blink and they're gone.

Reaction score
I'm always interested to set up a bakeshop in our town where people can stop over, have a coffee and at the same time eat in the shop. If you are to start with simple machines, what are these?

I would have to agree with other posters here that a plan is a must and the biggest part of setting up. Location goes in hand-in-hand with whatever you plan on selling and to what kind of people.

However in the interests of the question you asked would be a commercial mixer for ingredients, an commercial oven to start with and a nice display unit to show off your wares either inside your shop, the window or both. Keep us up to date with how you're getting on.

KK

Reaction score

I would have to agree with other posters here that a plan is a must and the biggest part of setting up. Location goes in hand-in-hand with whatever you plan on selling and to what kind of people.

However in the interests of the question you asked would be a commercial mixer for ingredients, an commercial oven to start with and a nice display unit to show off your wares either inside your shop, the window or both. Keep us up to date with how you're getting on.

KK

Ask a Question