Starting her out early

Reaction score
My daughter isn't even 2 yet, but she helped me make some delicious muffins the other day that were gluten free. They were blueberry and I bought the mix from Target. I am a little leery of buying gluten free baked goods because sometimes they taste horrible, but these were good, and the kids devoured them before the day was over.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That is so adorable! I think the fact that they were blueberry helped; who can resist blueberry? And you're so lucky that she's showing interest in cooking at such a young age. My mom says I really didn't want anything to do with the kitchen till I was a teenager.

Quick side-question: I rarely buy ready-made mixes as I've been unfortunate enough to come across some really artificial-tasting ones. I do like that they make baking so much quicker, which is key for whipping up a batch while baby is sleeping. Is there a particular brand that you and kids prefer?

Reaction score
It's a great way to keep her entertained and she is by your side in the kitchen so you know exactly what she's doing. You never know what will come of this , she might just catch on to a few skills in the process.:)

Reaction score
Omg, she is so lovely! It looks like she is on the right track! Very nice. I think it's great you let her help you bake, she is still very young, but I bet she will have great memories of these moments :) I started my niece when she was 5, she helped me decorate sugar cookies.

Reaction score
I absolutely love seeing things like this -- I only have a little baby, but you can guarantee that when she's a bit older she's definitely going to be my little kitchen helper! I think getting kids involved in loving food and helping with preparation can help a lot with having them enjoy different types of foods -- the whole idea that food is something fun rather than something scary and new to be feared! I also feel that it's a great thing for parent-child bonding, a special activity that you can both enjoy together. And your little one is such a cutie pie! Thanks for sharing!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That is so adorable! I love seeing posts like these as well, my son started super early too and he still loves it to this day :) love getting them started young!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question