Starting her out early

Reaction score
My daughter isn't even 2 yet, but she helped me make some delicious muffins the other day that were gluten free. They were blueberry and I bought the mix from Target. I am a little leery of buying gluten free baked goods because sometimes they taste horrible, but these were good, and the kids devoured them before the day was over.

Attachments

• aubrey baking.jpg
    aubrey baking.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 526
Reaction score
That is so adorable! I think the fact that they were blueberry helped; who can resist blueberry? And you're so lucky that she's showing interest in cooking at such a young age. My mom says I really didn't want anything to do with the kitchen till I was a teenager.

Quick side-question: I rarely buy ready-made mixes as I've been unfortunate enough to come across some really artificial-tasting ones. I do like that they make baking so much quicker, which is key for whipping up a batch while baby is sleeping. Is there a particular brand that you and kids prefer?

Reaction score
It's a great way to keep her entertained and she is by your side in the kitchen so you know exactly what she's doing. You never know what will come of this , she might just catch on to a few skills in the process.:)

Reaction score
Omg, she is so lovely! It looks like she is on the right track! Very nice. I think it's great you let her help you bake, she is still very young, but I bet she will have great memories of these moments :) I started my niece when she was 5, she helped me decorate sugar cookies.

Reaction score
I absolutely love seeing things like this -- I only have a little baby, but you can guarantee that when she's a bit older she's definitely going to be my little kitchen helper! I think getting kids involved in loving food and helping with preparation can help a lot with having them enjoy different types of foods -- the whole idea that food is something fun rather than something scary and new to be feared! I also feel that it's a great thing for parent-child bonding, a special activity that you can both enjoy together. And your little one is such a cutie pie! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
That is so adorable! I love seeing posts like these as well, my son started super early too and he still loves it to this day :) love getting them started young!

Ask a Question