Round Steaming Cloche for Artisan Bread

Reaction score
i used to have a round steaming cloche to make my round artisan breads. i made a killer rye bread with this. i think my daughter threw it out :-( what is a good source for this now? UPDATE: i just found it apparently my daughter hide it in back of closet under sink and maybe she forgot it was there but i found it! so guess i don't need to buy one now. good thing they are more expensive now than when i bought it some years ago i have the more budget one not the really pretty emile one but it worked just fine and made steller rye bread. exceptional actually

Reaction score
i used to have a round steaming cloche to make my round artisan breads. i made a killer rye bread with this. i think my daughter threw it out :-( what is a good source for this now? UPDATE: i just found it apparently my daughter hide it in back of closet under sink and maybe she forgot it was there but i found it! so guess i don't need to buy one now. good thing they are more expensive now than when i bought it some years ago i have the more budget one not the really pretty emile one but it worked just fine and made steller rye bread. exceptional actually

Glad you found it. Budget or not, baking equipment still costs money, so it’s good you found it.

But for future reference is you can use a Dutch oven if you have one.

Personally I don’t like dealing with scorching hot deep containers and lids cuz I’m a klutz and manage to burn myself a lot. So for the past several years I’ve used my pizza steel. I fill a spray bottle with water, then 10 minutes before I place the bread in the oven I give the oven chamber a heavy spray of water. I then spray again when I load the bread. The steel works good.

Reaction score
ive tried a similar type thing but the cloche always worked best for me as long as i don't burn myself definately a risk for sure! i'm a klutz extrordinaire.......

Ask a Question