Sticks of butter it says

Reaction score
I got a cupcake recipe book recently and noticed all of it says this amount or that amount of sticks of butter. What is this referring to? Are there sticks of butter available because where I live it isn't sold that way and if we are meant to cut it into sticks, what is the size and everything? Totally lost what it means by sticks here. o.o

Reaction score
In the US they sell butter in sticks, so I'm guessing you are looking at an American recipe.

One stick of butter is 110g.

Reaction score
In the US they sell butter in sticks, so I'm guessing you are looking at an American recipe.

One stick of butter is 110g.
ooh thank you! hehe yes i probably am. i got it a a birthday gift :3

Reaction score
Yup, American butter comes in sticks - and it also has measurements on it too - so you can cut the stick to a required amount if the full thing isn't required! Just like the picture below! Nice and convenient if you ask me! :)

butter.JPG

Reaction score
Yup, American butter comes in sticks - and it also has measurements on it too - so you can cut the stick to a required amount if the full thing isn't required! Just like the picture below! Nice and convenient if you ask me! :)

butter.JPG
oh my god :O we need that here!!!!!

Reaction score
When I see a stick of butter I sigh because I think how much butter is going into the recipe. I try to use half and use vegetable oil instead, because as much as I like butter, I don't think using too much is healthy.

Reaction score
I have to confess I was clueless when I first saw it but quickly found out that what it was all about. Then I went shopping one day and found out that the larger supermarkets carried it. I have not bought any so far but I just guess when they call for it in any recipe I try. I am a good guesser.

Reaction score
I have to confess I was clueless when I first saw it but quickly found out that what it was all about. Then I went shopping one day and found out that the larger supermarkets carried it. I have not bought any so far but I just guess when they call for it in any recipe I try. I am a good guesser.
ooooh ahah u learn something new each day i guess then :3

Reaction score

butter.JPG

Sometimes I am also encountering recipes that said that you have to use a "stick" of butter and this always confuse me. Now I knew already and I had learned something new again because of this thread. @cupcakechef thank you for sharing this nice information! :)

Reaction score
Until I came to the U.S. I didn't understand this either!! :) I was so confused because I if I put a whole "stick (piece)" of our Czech butter in there, it would be kinda disgustingly fat! :D

Reaction score
Recently I was in the supermarket and saw some sticks. I was tempted to buy some but I found the sticks were quite expensive as sticks. I guess I am going to keep guessing for now.

Ask a Question