Store bought cookies

Reaction score
GASP! On a baking site??!!
LOL

Yes, a thread about your favorite store bought cookies!!!!

I like fresh baked cookies as well as the next person, but I also love some store bought cookies as well!!!

One of my favorites is Coconut Dreams, which is the same thing as the Girl Scout cookie called Samoa.
OMG I love these things!!!!

kicproductimage-128475_kb_coconutdreams_3d.png

Reaction score
I was in the store today and low and behold these were next to the checkout counter...

26058059814_a92d64e6ef_z.jpg

They taste good, but I would have used white chocolate with the key lime, not the brown chocolate. Still tastes good, but white chocolate would have worked better.

Reaction score
My absolute favorite store bought cookies are an Australian cookie called Tim Tams.

Tim_Tam.jpg

tim-tam.jpg

I love, love, love them -- I've seen them sold in the US occasionally at specialty stores like World Market - if you ever stumble across them, try them! They're SO good.

Reaction score
These:

galletas-finas-pastisetas-150-gr_x1.jpg

That's in Mexico, but in the Netherlands;

digestive-puur-groot-2013.png

Both are great with the morning coffee or the evening tea ;)

Reaction score
I have a weakness for frosted animal cookies! I don't know why!!! LOL :) Something about the crunch with the frosting. They aren't too sweet either - at least I don't think so! I also like the sugar cookie with frosting that the bakery makes. I could eat a whole box!!! Now my secret is out! ;)

Reaction score
These:

galletas-finas-pastisetas-150-gr_x1.jpg

That's in Mexico, but in the Netherlands;

digestive-puur-groot-2013.png

Both are great with the morning coffee or the evening tea ;)

Mmm, chocolate digestives are so yummy! They're another of my favorites I think. I guess I just love my cookies covered in chocolate! Chocolate makes everything better!

Reaction score
Oh my. These are all very good and I just love to taste all kid of different store cookies when I go abroad. When it comes to Serbia I love several cult store bought cookies and sweets.
1. Jaffa cakes are world wide famous cookies and we have them in Serbia as well. I love them.
http://croproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jaffa-Cakes-keks-biscuits-Crvenka-150g.jpg
2. Munchmallow is another great product but I am not sure if there are similar cookies elsewhere. Probably yes.
http://www.neretvakomerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/munchmallow-105g.jpg
3. Napolitanke. You have never tasted anything sweet like this. The thing is you are aware of this and you cannot stop eating.
http://www.tarzanija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/StarkNapolitankeChoc500g.jpg

Reaction score
Oh my. These are all very good and I just love to taste all kid of different store cookies when I go abroad. When it comes to Serbia I love several cult store bought cookies and sweets.
1. Jaffa cakes are world wide famous cookies and we have them in Serbia as well. I love them.
http://croproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jaffa-Cakes-keks-biscuits-Crvenka-150g.jpg
2. Munchmallow is another great product but I am not sure if there are similar cookies elsewhere. Probably yes.
http://www.neretvakomerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/munchmallow-105g.jpg
3. Napolitanke. You have never tasted anything sweet like this. The thing is you are aware of this and you cannot stop eating.
http://www.tarzanija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/StarkNapolitankeChoc500g.jpg

We don't have Jaffa Cakes in America, at least I've never seen any here or in any of the stores or world markets.

We do have the other two cookies though. They are called different names, depending on what company makes them. Those marshmallow cookies are ok, but I'm not too fond of marshmallow.
Those chocolate covered finger cookies are really good!!! One of my favs for sure.

Reaction score
This is what we call an "off brand" down here in the Southern states of the US. Meaning it isn't a known company here (even though it may be a known company somewhere else).

I find these cookies in the dollar stores here, who usually sell all kinds of "off brands".

These are SUPER YUMMIE!!!!!

Maple-Leaf-Creme-Cookies.jpg

Reaction score
Another one of my big favorites is Iced Raisin Cookies, made with shortbread cookie batter (not the oatmeal batter).
(I hate oatmeal cookies, even though I love oatmeal.....LOL)

MothersIcedRaisinCookies_inline.jpg

Reaction score
Another favorite are the lemon cooler cookies. A hard shortbread lemon cookie, covered with lemon flavored powdered sugar.

Lemon-Cooler-Cookies-1-sm.jpg

Reaction score
Those maple leaf creme cookies are one of my favorite. They also have a chocolate version that I also enjoy. Nutter butters have always been a favorite, although sometimes they can be a bit tricky to find in the store. I've heard of Tim Tam's, but have never seen them, even at World Market. I know they're popular with many people. Here are one of my favorites. I make them, but occasionally, when I'm lazy and the craving hits, I'll buy a package or two.
pizzelle cookies for sale.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't bought any cookies in the store in forever,but i have made some chocolate chip ones that are pretty good since the baking bug has bitten me and some oatmeal and rasins ones,that were OK nothing to write home about though

Reaction score
Someone mentioned frosted animal cookies!!

Also, another one of my favorites!!! Before I got diabetes, I used to buy one of these bag fulls and eat the whole thing!!!!

B002EDIJX6-1-lg.jpg

Reaction score
I was in Hongkong last month and I was glad to have found the famous Jenny Bakery in Nathan Road right in the heart of the city (Tsim Sha Tsui). Oh, there was a queue in the counter that I had to wait for more than 10 minutes before getting to be attended. The cookies are in a small round can which is quite expensive but just the same, I bought 4 cans. I'm sorry if I have no photo of the cookies but I promise to post a picture when I can.

Reaction score
My absolute favorite store bought cookies are an Australian cookie called Tim Tams.

Tim_Tam.jpg

tim-tam.jpg

I love, love, love them -- I've seen them sold in the US occasionally at specialty stores like World Market - if you ever stumble across them, try them! They're SO good.

@cupcakechef This is also one of my favorite store bought cookies and when I migrated here in Korea I thought that they do not carry this kind of chocolate because they always patronize their own products. That is why I remembered the first time I saw this in the supermarket here I can't help myself to buy some for my stock at home. :)

Ask a Question