Storing You left over Cookies

Reaction score
What do you do with your leftover cookies? Do you have a special trick for keeping your fresh baked cookies from going stale? Is there a method to keeping crispy cookies fresh and soft chewy cookies's from getting hard? How do you store your home made cookies?

Reaction score
I just put them in a tupperware container. For certain cookies, like Snickerdoodles, I put them in IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise they don't stay as soft/chewy, and harden quickly.

Reaction score
I just keep them in an air tight container, usually a tupperware of some sort. Either that or I take them to work where they'll be gone in minutes :)

Reaction score
I keep mine in a ziplock bag. I usually freeze half - in a ziplock bag. Mine usually don't last long enough to get stale. But ,if they do, I put a piece of bread in the bag and it softens hard cookies right up!! :)

Reaction score
I usually store them in in either an air tight container or a ziploc bag. I like to put a small piece of bread in with them as well because it does help keep the cookies fresh. Just make sure your family knows why the bread is there. One time my niece came over and ate the bread out of the cookie jar. She said she thought it was just a different kind of cookie because it was in the cookie jar. Haha She was only four at the time, so it was humorous.

Reaction score
I bought a cookie jar last year and it has yet to be used, because we always put everything in a Ziploc bag. I wonder if putting an orange peel or piece of lettuce in the bag with the cookies would help maintain the chewiness?

Reaction score
That's a great idea with the bread to soften up the cookies, I never would have thought to try something like that!

Most of the time, we put our cookies in the fridge. I actually love chewy cookies that have been chilled in the fridge vs. sitting out on the counter at room temperature. If the cookies are baked crispy, we will leave them out on the counter but only cover them loosely, like with a little piece of plastic wrap or with the lid of the container they are in not fully closed.

I will also sometimes throw cookies back in the oven to warm & crisp them up a bit if they were in the fridge or freezer.

Reaction score
There are leftover cookies?? Where? I can take care of that problem real quick!!

When baking a lot, like before Christmas, I store them in the freezer, in ziplock bags or plastic freezer containers. I like to freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then transfer them to the container so they keep their shape better.

Ask a Question