Strawberry Cheesecake

Reaction score
INGREDIENTS for Cheesecake crust:

1 ¼ Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 squares)
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons melted Butter or Margarine

INGREDIENTS for Cheesecake batter:

19 oz Cream Cheese (2 ½ packages)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
3 Eggs

INGREDIENTS for Cheesecake topping:

2 ½ Quarts Strawberries
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 (3 oz) package of Strawberry flavored Gelatin (Jell-o)

Keep in mind that this is a basic cheesecake recipe and you can top it with pretty much anything you like. So if strawberries are not your thing you can use another berry or chocolate or caramel or whipped topping. Top with anything you like.

First crush your graham crackers. Crushing graham crackers can be really easy with this simple tip. Place graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. I always use my pastry pin which I love!

In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a springform pan. I use a Nordic Ware Springform Pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350º. Let cool.

To make cheesecake batter mix together softened cream cheese. Then gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and lemon peel if desired. Beat in 3 eggs one at a time. Pour over crumb mixture. Bake at 300° until center is firm, about 1 hour. Cool at room temperature. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
After refrigerating cheesecake top with strawberries. Cut the berries in the size that you desire. I cut mine in half or thirds depending on the berry size. Cover the top of your cheesecake with fresh cut berries. Time to make the gelatin berry topping. In a saucepan, mix together sugar and corn starch, until well blended. Add boiling water, and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature.

Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries until well covered and beautiful. Let cool until set. See that other cheesecake in the picture above. That is my no-bake cheesecake. Recipe coming soon.

It is a good idea to loosen the sides on the cheesecake in your springform pan before removing the sides of the pan for serving.

Remove the sides so you can serve cheesecake to friends, family or even just yourself. Yum-O!

Reaction score
Lovely sounding recipe- I've been doing a lot of my cheesecakes lately with a graham cracker crust, very simple to throw together :). Thanks for sharing this one.

Ask a Question