Strawberry lemonade cupcakes

Reaction score
I made these for my birthday a few days ago, and they turned out great.

• 1 regular box of white cake mix
  • egg, water, oil (as instructed on the cake mix box)
  • 1 box of strawberry jell-o mix
  • 1/2 cup of powdered lemonade mix

mix everything together, bake in your oven according to the cake mix, and voila! You've turned regular cake into strawberry lemonade cake with almost no effort! It was so easy, and they come out a pretty pink! I'm thinking about experimenting with lemon extract or adding real strawberries for an extra kick.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM this sounds so good. And since I can get sugar free strawberry jello and sugar free yellow cake mix, I plan to give it a try. I always like to try something new and this is definitly a winner.

Reaction score
Smartpea hope you had a great birthday, you sure are creative and it sounds like your cupcakes were tasty too. I think experimenting is what results in a great cook.:D

Reaction score
Those cupcakes sound delicious ! I think I would try using some fresher ingredients. Maybe you could use real strawberries that have been blended in two a liquid. You might also want to skip the powdered lemon aide and use fresh lemon juice and zest. You will probably have to play with the amount of water and oil you use.

Reaction score
While searching the internet for cool alternatives, I've also seen people experimenting by adding kool-ade powder to cake mix as well. Anyone tried this variation?

I agree fresh ingredients would surely make them even more delicious. Adding real fruit inside or a lemon on top as a garnish would most definitely pump them up to the next level in both taste and visual appeal :)
upload_2014-8-13_8-44-11.jpeg

thanks guys!

Ask a Question