Strawberry & Peach Sensation cake?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It's that time again for my birthday, and like years past, I will be making my own birthday cake

This year I would like to make a clone to Publix's strawberry & peach sensation cake (see link below). I looked up the ingredients and to my surprise, the vanilla cake does not contain butter, it contains oil. So I am thinking it maybe a chiffon cake? I am sure Publix uses commercial cake mixes. I have tried using cake mixes but they taste artificial to me and are not as "soft/tender" as their vanilla cake. I could also try a sponge cake but I dont think they brush a syrup on their cakes (which you would need on a sponge cake). It would have to be a light but not dry cake since the fikkings and fruits are "heavy". I already have a recipe to try for the Bavarian cream filling, just need help with the cake. Anyone has a recipe for a chiffon-like cake that is not dry that I would work for this? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

https://www.publix.com/pd/strawberry-peach-sensation-cake/RIO-DDC-118609?ch=18.&oeo=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Whatever you make it will be better, theres no way they make their own bavarian,
they use donut filling from a bucket.
Cake mixes always taste like chemicals to me and I'm a common sewer of fine food.

Chiffon would work, I'd make it on flat sheetpans with greased parchment, cut circles out to suit when cold.

Ask a Question