Strawberry shortcake recipe.

Reaction score
I really want to make a great strawberry shortcake for my boyfriend because he really loves them. Please help me create the best shortcake he has ever tasted.

Reaction score
If I'm trying a recipe I've never had any experience with, I always like to go with one from a professional (celebrity, usually) baker. I swear by Mary Berry's recipes, but I couldn't find her recipe for Strawberry Shortcake in my collection, or I'd've copied it for you.

Coming up a close second is Nigella Lawson, and her recipe is online at :
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/strawberry-shortcake-149

This isn't a single shortcake, but 8 small, individual ones.. I can't see that they'd be much different, it's worth a shot anyway.

Good luck; hope your boyfriend enjoys the treat..! :)

Reaction score
If I'm trying a recipe I've never had any experience with, I always like to go with one from a professional (celebrity, usually) baker. I swear by Mary Berry's recipes, but I couldn't find her recipe for Strawberry Shortcake in my collection, or I'd've copied it for you.

Coming up a close second is Nigella Lawson, and her recipe is online at :
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/strawberry-shortcake-149

This isn't a single shortcake, but 8 small, individual ones.. I can't see that they'd be much different, it's worth a shot anyway.

Good luck; hope your boyfriend enjoys the treat..! :)

I have never seen Strawberry Shortcake made like that. It looks like it would be really good and easy to make not to mention something you can take with you if your in a rush. I am going to give this recipe a try myself. thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I always think that having individual portions of a dessert / cake rather than slices makes it look really professional, like from a restaurant or something. Maybe it's just me! I guess it's somewhat typical of Nigella to change a traditional recipe like this, though.. it's an American dessert, so I had no idea that most people hadn't seen them made like this before! :)

I guess it would also be quite simple to halve the recipe and make only 4, especially if you have a small family / not many to feed. :)

Let us know how it goes. :D

Reaction score
I always think that having individual portions of a dessert / cake rather than slices makes it look really professional, like from a restaurant or something. Maybe it's just me! I guess it's somewhat typical of Nigella to change a traditional recipe like this, though.. it's an American dessert, so I had no idea that most people hadn't seen them made like this before! :)

I guess it would also be quite simple to halve the recipe and make only 4, especially if you have a small family / not many to feed. :)

Let us know how it goes. :D

I love the idea of making the Strawberry Shortcake like this and I think it would be great for our family get together this weekend in Dallas. This will be one of our desserts and I can't wait to make it . We all love strawberry shortcake but haven't ever made this way, and the best part about it other then it being very tasty is that they are individual portions. Which means everybody can just grab one!!! :)

Ask a Question