Stuffed Cupcakes

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by coffee, Mar 9, 2014.

1. coffee

coffee Member

I received a cupcake pan that has little sticks in the middle of each cup so you can put something in the middle of the cupcake. I haven't used it yet, but I recently became inspired. So far I've thought to use:

raw strawberries with a vanilla or angel cake
    mini reeses cup with a chocolate cake

Any ideas? The great thing about this pan is that there are twelve cups so I could try twelve different fillings.

coffee, Mar 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. coffee

justusforus Well-Known Member

Chocolate of any kind...even with a chocolate cupcake to give it that "molten" feel. I wonder if jelly or preserves would work with a vanilla or white cupcake.

justusforus, Mar 9, 2014
    torreyy likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. coffee

Becky Well-Known Member

Ooh that's a great idea, I never knew they existed! I suppose it would be good for things that usually sink in cake mix - as you rightly point out, strawberries would be a good example. How about a chunk of cookie dough?

Becky, Mar 10, 2014
  4. coffee

SmartPea85 Well-Known Member

I have seen a cake where the inside is filled with candy like M&Ms. I have no idea how it's done but you could try the mini version with these cupcakes. Even if they melt (Which I assume is more than likely) it would still make a pretty rainbow-chocolate inside! mms.jpg

SmartPea85, Mar 10, 2014
  5. coffee

Jcandy Well-Known Member

Try hot chocolate. It will be a great option and kids will truly love it. Make sure you serve the cakes when the chocolate is warm.

On the other end, a blend of strawberries and chocolate will be just perfect.

Jcandy, Mar 24, 2014
  6. coffee

NThomas Well-Known Member

I have been toying around with the idea of making stuffed cupcake every since I saw a tool that took the center out of the cupcake. It made perfect circles so you could replace the top for frosting. This sounds like a fun idea that could jazz up ordinary cupcakes.

NThomas, Mar 30, 2014
  7. coffee

torreyy Well-Known Member

Wow! I'd like one of those pans! I think raspberries, apple, banana, and maybe a piece of soft peppermint. Ohhhh, caramels would be heavenly!!!

torreyy, Mar 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question