Stuffed Peppers

Reaction score
I usually use a mixture of either green and red, or sometimes other colored bell peppers when I make them. Green peppers were on sale the other day, though, so I settled for just green peppers this time. I usually use a ground beef (or sometimes ground pork) and rice mixture, although at one point, I did try mixing the ground meat in with mashed potatoes, and that was pretty good, too. I made a batch the other day, but instead of using rice or mashed potatoes, I cooked up a batch of fideo (with ground beef) adding in some Classico tomato sauce and Rotel, and stuffed the peppers with that instead. It came out yummy, so I wanted to share. After the peppers were stuffed, I just put them in the oven for an hour on 325.

Reaction score
Stuffed peppers are the best, if done right. I used to work with a woman who had family in Mexico and she always cooked some great food and would bring some in, and one of here specialties was these stuffed peppers with all sorts of spices and like a spicy cream cheese taste, although I do not think it was cream cheese. I miss those days, but the job itself sucked so I am glad I moved on.

Reaction score
I pretty much like everything, except bell peppers. I have to say they are just icky to the max.

Stuffed onions, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed mushrooms.........all good. Even stuffed jalapenos.
But bell peppers? I won't touch it.

Reaction score
Love stuffed peppers. I usually use couscous instead of rice, if I have it on hand - I just love couscous so it's a good excuse to mix it with the ground beef and use it up! Plus the couscous I buy has a flavor sachet (I usually get the garlic and herb type) so it even packs a bit of extra punch with the taste :)

Reaction score
I made some stuffed peppers the other night - fried up onions and garlic, added the ground beef, some crushed dried chilli, paprika, tomato puree, and cream cheese. When it was cooked I filled the peppers with the mixture and topped it with a little grated cheese and popped them in the oven. Yummy! :D

Reaction score
Stuffed peppers are the best, if done right. I used to work with a woman who had family in Mexico and she always cooked some great food and would bring some in, and one of here specialties was these stuffed peppers with all sorts of spices and like a spicy cream cheese taste, although I do not think it was cream cheese. I miss those days, but the job itself sucked so I am glad I moved on.

@rz3300 Did she use poblano peppers? I love chiles rellenos, but haven't had them in quite a while. Maybe I'll use those next time I make stuffed peppers, if i can catch them on sale, since they're quite expensive here.

Reaction score
As a vegetarian it's a favorite dish of mine as long as the fillings are well seasoned. Rice is easy to add, but I do like small elbow pasta with a cream sauce and vegetables topped with some breadcrumbs. I also like the peppers chargrilled so they are strong enough to hold the contents too.

Ask a Question