Substituition for Icing?

Reaction score
I had an emergency to deal with last year when my friends birthday came around and I thought I had some icing to put on the cake, but turns out that I didn't so considering my time was running out and she was already minutes away from coming to visit I was faced with a big problem I had no idea how else to decorate the cake or what to use to write the greeting. My resources were limited I really didn't have any back up so the only other thing that I could think of to make it up to her was to treat her to dinner and buy her a cake from the store. I felt so bad because I really like being able to make things from scratch it feels like it has more meaning to the surprise. I just hope that if I am ever faced with that kind of dilemma I am better prepared. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
I have used whipped cream as an icing for a last minute cake before. It was very good! It was light and low in calories. I also cut up some strawberries to top it with and decorate it. It looked really pretty and tasted great!
My sister one time baked a chocolate cake and used peanut butter as icing. :) It was very good! It was rich, but delicious!

Reaction score
I saw this idea on Pinterest to mix vanilla pudding with Coll Whip to make frosting. Someone on Pinterest said it was their saving grace because they had no frosting.
5dcd07547a6919d0090832227447ab03.jpg

Ask a Question