Sugar cookie recipe addition.

Reaction score
Recipe for sugar cookie calls for rolling portions in sugar before baking. It turns out fine.
But I'd like to roll them in cinnamon sugar instead.
Will the ground cinnamon burn from the oven heat?
If not, how much cinnamon in relation to sugar? I'm thinking a cinnamon sugar toast flavor.

Reaction score
Are you familiar with snickerdoodles?

I have,but never made the connection.
i tried one from a grocery store once,which was awful. So I probably just wrote them off and ignored anything about them.

Thanks for the reference. I went to the source of my original recipe and they have snickerdoodle recipes also. One of them gives a ratio of cane to cinnamon, which I will try.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Recipe for sugar cookie calls for rolling portions in sugar before baking. It turns out fine.
But I'd like to roll them in cinnamon sugar instead.
Will the ground cinnamon burn from the oven heat?
If not, how much cinnamon in relation to sugar? I'm thinking a cinnamon sugar toast flavor.

1) No cinnamon won’t burn.

2) There’s several types of cinnamon; the most common in grocery stores is Korintje (no flavor to speak of); Ceylon (mild, loses most of it's flavor when baked; Saigon (most robust, the choice of pastry chefs).

3) A snickerdoodle and a sugar cookie are two different cookies.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I lucked into Saigon cinnamon sticks through my favourite spice brand.

Ask a Question