Summer pies

Reaction score
Now that summer is in full swing, what kind of a summer pies are you making, that is if the weather is not too hot to bake. I am getting ready to make my first ever key lime pie with creamy frosting on top.

Reaction score
I baked brownies yesterday (finally!) and boy was it hot! Ideally a no bake cheese pie would do the trick for me, but after this brownie batch am not touching baked items for a while. I need to lose the weight I gained last year. I'm lucky I don't tend to gain weight so easily, but if I over indulge the pounds do sneak in.

Reaction score
We always like peach pies and cherry pies over this way as summer reminders!

I would like to perhaps see if there are any good recipes out there for pineapple pies or mango pies since both of those fruits also remind me of tropical summery weather!

Reaction score
Mmm, Pineapple pies sound really good. I'd love to get a recipe that's not too difficult, for making pineapple pies or some other sort of pineapple dessert, even. Pineapple and coconut are two of my favorite flavors!

Reaction score
During summertime I always make a no bake creamy mango pie where the fruit is in season. A coconut pie is also perfect for the hot weather where coconut are abundant too during the summer season. These are my family's favorite summer pies

Reaction score
Rhubarb is my favorite. It's hard to come by now that I've moved south, but I was visiting my parents last weekend and my mom made me a rhubarb pie. It tasted like childhood!

Reaction score
My favorite is peach pie. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits. I also love most any pie that isn't too sweet, and will only eat the crust he'd it was made with butter, rather than yucky crisco. I would say my second favorite would be berry pies, but I can't decide which berry, I love them all.

Ask a Question