Summer Tart

Reaction score
I'm interested in making some kind of summer tart, but I'm looking for a healthy recipe maybe using strawberries or blueberries. Does anyone have recipe that they swear by?

Reaction score
I love Eton Mess as a summer treat! Basically you combine strawberries cut up into pieces with whipped cream (although you don't need to use much if you want to keep it healthier) and shop bought meringues broken into pieces. Strawberries and blueberries are great together so you could do half strawberries and half blueberries.

If it's go to be a tart, how about making shells from filo pastry and filling them with the Eton Mess?

Alternatively, I have a recipe book from Lorraine Pascale and this recipe sticks in my mind: The Skinny Tart (great name too!)

the_skinny_tart_74715_16x9.jpg

Reaction score
You can do a lighter version of trifle. A piece of sponge cake to cover the bottom of your bowl, then you sprinkle your summer berries on top, then a layer of vanilla whipped cream or vanilla yogurt, then you repeat the layers until you top off the bowl. You can even do this in individual glass cups. Just let it set for an hour or two.

Ask a Question