Sun Dried Tomato Bread with Balsamic Vinegar

Reaction score
Hi

I had some sun dried tomatoes in a jar in the cupboard along side other ingredients so thought I would try a little experiment and WOW the smell and taste is wonderful.
So here goes:-

for a 900g loaf (approx)
230ml water
2 tsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
4 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
350g bread flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried yeast
100g well drained sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves off finely chopped Garlic
1 tsp of Oregano
1tsp Thyme
pinch of pepper

Method:

Pour water,oil and Balsamic Vinegar into the bread maker pan, followed by bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast
Choose programme for basic bread, choose the level for your preferred crust and weight of the loaf.
Let the machine start.
After 5 minutes kneading, pour in sun-dried tomatoes, chopped garlic and herbs
(those with bread maker with auto dispenser can place the sun-dried tomatoes in it before the machine starts)
Let the machine does the rest of the process (about 3 hours)
I find that leaving the bread to cool down still in the machine gives the bread a wonderful crisp crust.

Eat hot with butter, perfect!

Reaction score
That sounds very tasty! I thought from the title it was a recipe for sundried tomato bread to be served with balsamic vinegar to dip it into - either way, yum!

Reaction score
That sounds very tasty! I thought from the title it was a recipe for sundried tomato bread to be served with balsamic vinegar to dip it into - either way, yum!
lol thanks. I suppose it is an option. I make it regularly for one of my ladies I look after ( I am a Carer). She loves food cooked from scratch and as she is blind, I do it for her. She loves this toasted or as an accompaniment with a bowl of soup

Reaction score
I'm going to have to give this a try either this week or next :) Did you use white or wholemeal flour?

Reaction score
I'm going to have to give this a try either this week or next :) Did you use white or wholemeal flour?
When I make it for myself I use wholemeal. However, my lady prefers white. It works with either :) hope you enjoy it x

Ask a Question