Sweet baked potato

Reaction score
This is not the usual baked potato with cheese. This time you bake the potato with condensed milk. It's that simple. And you can bake it even in an oven toaster which we usually do. The original is actually sweet potato but we learned to use potato to give it a unique taste. Slice the potatoes in halves or quarters depending on the size then place in a pie pan. Pour condensed milk generously on the lined up slices of potato. Bake in 350 degrees for 15 minutes or longer depending on the texture of the potato. Bigger potatoes need a longer time of baking.

Best to eat in front of the tv.

Reaction score
Well I have to say that seems like a nice alternative to sweet potatoes themselves, which I have never enjoyed. I have to say that I love the ability to make it in the toaster oven, that is always a winner for me. It sounds a little outside the norm of what we are used to, but maybe that will just make it more fun. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
This sounds very tasty. Just what I need is something else sweet! ;) Sweet potatoes are already good, but I can only imagine what they'd be like with sweetened condensed milk. Like sweet potato pie almost, just without the crust. Yum.

@cupcakechef I make a dish that is similar to the one you mentioned. My family members and in laws who swore they didn't like sweet potatoes, suddenly found that they do like them (at least when I make them). :p

Reaction score
This sounds very tasty. Just what I need is something else sweet! ;) Sweet potatoes are already good, but I can only imagine what they'd be like with sweetened condensed milk. Like sweet potato pie almost, just without the crust. Yum.

@cupcakechef I make a dish that is similar to the one you mentioned. My family members and in laws who swore they didn't like sweet potatoes, suddenly found that they do like them (at least when I make them). :p

I'm convinced anyone can love anything if enough butter and sugar is added to the mix! Haha! ;)

Reaction score
I'm convinced anyone can love anything if enough butter and sugar is added to the mix! Haha! ;)

Ha ha, you make a good point. I can probably think of a couple things that butter and sugar can't fix, but not too many.

I think most people are just used to the sweet potato thing with the marshmallows. I can't really blame them for not liking that one. I'm not a fan of marshmallows either, especially not with my dinner.

Reaction score
It does sound delicious @Corzhens. The mere mention of pouring condensed milk over the potatoes is already makes me imagine how sweet the potatoes would taste. I've never tried doing this but it certainly seems simple to do so I might as well try this over the weekend since I have a pack of condensed milk just sitting around in my kitchen. All I need to do now is purchase some potatoes. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe. :)

Reaction score
For those would try this recipe, good luck and I hope you enjoy. But there's a little correction with the temperature - it should be 300 degrees C so the insides of the potatoes will be cooked properly and that the condensed milk will not turn into candy at once. And another addendum is you can use sweet potato in place of ordinary potato in case you prefer a sweeter root crop.

Ask a Question