Sweet Hawaiian Bread

Reaction score
Here is a recipe that my kids absloutly love! I found it on Pinterest some time ago, but it is the best bread.
Sweet Hawaiian Bread (in the bread machine)
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
2 teaspoons fast rising yeast or 2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast

Directions:
1 Place ingredients in bread machine container in order directed by manufacturer.
2 Cycle: white, sweet, no timer.
3 Setting: light.
I'm sure you could finish it in the oven too, but I like to set it and forget it.

Reaction score
Here is a recipe that my kids absloutly love! I found it on Pinterest some time ago, but it is the best bread.
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk

Directions:
1 Place ingredients in bread machine container in order directed by manufacturer.
I'm sure you could finish it in the oven too, but I like to set it and forget it.

Do you have to make it in the bread machine? I like to make bread by hand.
So many recipes nowadays are for bread machines, doesn't anyone knead dough anymore?

Reaction score
That sounds delicious ! I bet if you added some dried fruit (raisins, cherries, apricots) and some broken walnuts or pecans, it would make an awesome breakfast bread.
I love breakfast bread, either warmed, or toasted, along with my morning cup of coffee.

Reaction score
I love the sweet Hawaiian bread I get at the grocery. I am definitly going to try this recipe to make my own. I am sure it will make delightful French toast. I love makng bread the old fashioned way. There is just something so satisfying about kneading bread dough.

Reaction score
Do you have to make it in the bread machine? I like to make bread by hand.
So many recipes nowadays are for bread machines, doesn't anyone knead dough anymore?

I am so impressed by this. The only person I know who makes bread my hand is my grandmother. And she left the world many year ago.

I do love the Hawaiian Sweet Bread sold in stores. I bet a homemade version is 10 times better. Perhaps once day when I'm very really adventurous I will try my hand at making bread from scratch.

Reaction score
Is this bread anthing like thsoe Hawaian rolls you can buy in the package at the store? I love them but they cost so much food prices are on the rise it would be great to save some money by making them at home.

Reaction score
I am so impressed by this. The only person I know who makes bread my hand is my grandmother. And she left the world many year ago.

I do love the Hawaiian Sweet Bread sold in stores. I bet a homemade version is 10 times better. Perhaps once day when I'm very really adventurous I will try my hand at making bread from scratch.

Baking bread by hand isn't that hard. It just entails mixing water & sugar with yeast, mixing it with the other ingredients, kneading the dough, waiting for the dough to rise, kneading it, letting it rise again, forming it into a loaf or rolls and baking it.
I think it's kind of silly to use a machine for such a simple thing, but to each his own.

Reaction score
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk

Directions:
I don't have a bread machine. But I'm sure I can do this manually. Which is how it's going to be done anyway- so I hope it turns out great. LoL

Reaction score
Baking bread by hand isn't that hard. It just entails mixing water & sugar with yeast, mixing it with the other ingredients, kneading the dough, waiting for the dough to rise, kneading it, letting it rise again, forming it into a loaf or rolls and baking it.
I think it's kind of silly to use a machine for such a simple thing, but to each his own.
Right. I don't know why people believe it's so hard. Perhaps its the 'kneading' that they don't care for.

Reaction score
I love the sweet Hawaiian bread I get at the grocery. I am definitly going to try this recipe to make my own. I am sure it will make delightful French toast. I love makng bread the old fashioned way. There is just something so satisfying about kneading bread dough.
I was thinking the same thing. When I'm kneading my dough it's oh so satisfying!

Reaction score
Right. I don't know why people believe it's so hard. Perhaps its the 'kneading' that they don't care for.

I just assumed it was hard and that special equipment was needed. I also thought it was time consuming. Now that I know better, I'm going to give it a shot. I would love to make some cinnamon bread.

Reaction score
I'm so going to try this and by hand. I don't have a bread machine nor will I get one. I hope this turns out great.

Reaction score
I am here thinking I am so behind time in the baking department. I read the recipe and I'm asking myself what am I missing. I am seeing talk about "in order directed by the manufacturer" etc and then I realize there is something called a bread mixer. All these years on the planet and I am now being introduced to a bread mixer:(.

Wouldn't my mom just love to hear about thiso_O? Well I am off to check out this machine online. However it turns out I want to get my bragging rights to baking by using my hands like my mom did for baking bread. After I have produced my first bread, I might consider getting me a machine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sweet hawiian bread is good. I like to eat it for breakfast with a piece of fruit. I am not fond of it as a dinner time bread because I like more of a savory flavor at night. This recipe looks good so I will give it a try one of these days.

Reaction score
This sounds like it is really delicious; if only i was an expert on baking bread because i sure would be putting a batch into the oven at this very minute.

Ask a Question