Sweet Potato Brownies

Reaction score
Recently I tried to bake sweet potato brownies. I found this recipe on a site called "Deliciously Ella". Unfortunately they did not turn out well at all. The consistency wasn't right and neither was the taste. I wonder if I did something wrong, because it was the first time I made brownies using sweet potatoes. Anyone has any tips when it comes to sweet potatoes? I appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Maybe you did not do anything wrong. Sweet potato browines sound like they would have a less than ideal texture or taste. I would say give the recipe one more try and then decide if I was something you did or just a bad recipe.

Reaction score
I agree, Sweet Potatoes are not that sweet anyway, maybe you give it another try and see if this time it works. I also recommend Youtube to see how someone else make this recipe.

Reaction score
Thanks NThomas and mizzperdue! I will give it a try one more time before I completely give up. I liked the idea of using unrefined and healthy ingredients, which is why I chose this lady's recipe. Will let you guys know how I did the second time around :)

Reaction score
I have never made a sweet potato brownie, but it does sound delicious, and probably heavier than a plain brownie. It seems like you can substitute a sweet potato for about any recipe that calls for pumpkin. I have made sweet potato muffins, and they were delicious, and tasted just like a pumpkin muffin would taste.
One of my favorite recipes is to make pumpkin butter, which is like apple butter, but made with pumpkin or winter squash. I am also going to try making that using a sweet potato, since I usually have sweet potatoes, but we don't usually have pumpkin in the grocery except in the fall unless you buy the canned pumpkin.

Reaction score
Sweet potatoes have kind of a stringy texture. I can't imagine those brownies being good unless you had to puree the potatoes first. I don't think it was you.
I think it's a weird recipe to begin with.

Ask a Question