Sweetened rice with dried fruits and nuts

Reaction score
I would like to share to you the recipe one of my favorite rice cake in Korea ever since I migrated here. This is very delicious and the ingredients are very healthy too :) The recipe comes from Maangchi a well known culinary expert in Korea and I learned many recipes from her.

yaksik1-150x150.jpg

Yaksik

Sweetened rice with dried fruits and nuts

Full recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/yaksik

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love getting a glimpse into other countries and their specialties! I really like dried fruit and nuts - never thought to pair them with rice but now I'm curious about what the taste would be like! :)

Reaction score
I love getting a glimpse into other countries and their specialties! I really like dried fruit and nuts - never thought to pair them with rice but now I'm curious about what the taste would be like! :)

@cupcakechef You should try this and I am sure you will like this rice cake. In fact right now me and my husband is eating this while we are watching the television. My sister in law made some and gave us..

Reaction score
@cupcakechef You should try this and I am sure you will like this rice cake. In fact right now me and my husband is eating this while we are watching the television. My sister in law made some and gave us..

@cupcakechef The ingredients are just easy to find and you can combine other kind of edible nuts that is available in your country and I think it will be okay too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like eating this rice cake while drinking corn tea which is also a popular kind of tea in Korea.

Reaction score
Sounds good.

My granny used to make me hot rice with butter and sugar when I was little.
Putting some fruit and nuts in it sounds good.

Reaction score
@ChesterV Yes it is indeed makes a difference that by putting some fruit and nuts makes it more interesting and delicious to eat. You can try this too ;)

Tri

Reaction score
Gosh, this sounds great. I'm going to try it, thank you for sharing. I too love getting an insight into the foods from other cultures. I've tried some truly fantastic things in Asia so i'm looking forward to giving this a go!

Reaction score
@Tri You are welcome..The reason why I made this thread because I know that the ingredients of this rice cake is just easy to find and I am sure it is also available in other country. And it is just easy to make and healthy too that is why I thought of sharing this to all of you...:)

Reaction score
When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be like a rice pudding, but it appears to be more of a cake product. Rice is a nice inexpensive ingredient, so I always have it on hand. I love nuts and raisins, so I might have to try this at some point, probably when the weather cools off a bit.

Ask a Question