Tips for Stable and Palatable Frosting Using Sweetex

Reaction score
After being away from the business for several years for medical reasons I've decided to start my Bakeshop up again, and the alterations in Sweetex appear to have created quite a situation for a lot of people. If anyone has any BRILLIANTE discoveries other than having to add Meringue powder/Corn starch/Added fat so we can attempt to produce the perfect Frostings we used to P L E A S E share what works! I live in Florida (Heat & Humidity) so stability is a big factor in what I use.

Reaction score
After being away from the business for several years for medical reasons I've decided to start my Bakeshop up again, and the alterations in Sweetex appear to have created quite a situation for a lot of people. If anyone has any BRILLIANTE discoveries other than having to add Meringue powder/Corn starch/Added fat so we can attempt to produce the perfect Frostings we used to P L E A S E share what works! I live in Florida (Heat & Humidity) so stability is a big factor in what I use.

Try contacting Sweetex customer service for help. All shortening is being reformulated as the PHO ban goes into effect in June in the US. Personally I never use shortening in my baked goods. But out of curiosity I purchased the reformulated Sweetex to make an icing just to see what the problem was. It’s certainly nothing like the PHO version. Stratas Foods should be able to advise you on their product.

https://www.stratasfoods.com/contact-us

Ask a Question