Swirl your frosting!

Reaction score
While baking cupcakes with a friend of mine, her sister gave me a great, simple technique for spicing up out cupcake designs a bit. This won't work if you're lathering the frosting on with a butter knife, of course, so be sure you're using a pressurized can or baggy with the tip cut off of it. The tip that she gave me was to spiral the frosting as I set it down on to the cupcake. By spiraling, I mean in very small motions, and very quickly as well. I think the design looks wonderful, and is simple for kids as well; a design that they can create to be proud of!

Reaction score
That's interesting. I will love to see the images if you can share some.

Reaction score
that does sound like fun! I have done something similar to this with cake frosting before. When I mixed in the food coloring, I did not mix it all the way so that it swirled. When I applied it to the cake, it came out with a varied color so it was fun and interesting.

Reaction score
While baking cupcakes with a friend of mine, her sister gave me a great, simple technique for spicing up out cupcake designs a bit. This won't work if you're lathering the frosting on with a butter knife, of course, so be sure you're using a pressurized can or baggy with the tip cut off of it. The tip that she gave me was to spiral the frosting as I set it down on to the cupcake. By spiraling, I mean in very small motions, and very quickly as well. I think the design looks wonderful, and is simple for kids as well; a design that they can create to be proud of!
Thanks for the tip. I usually start off seriously decorating my cupcakes but end up slathering on the frosting towards the end:D They all taste the same in the end anyways.

Reaction score
I would love to see what this looks like. I think I have an idea, but I am not sure. Very interesting though. I will have to try this :)

Ask a Question