texas roadhouse bread

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys - but I love Texas Roadhouse bread! And I found a recipe for them!

Ingredients:
  • 2 quarts all-purpose flour (7-8 cups)
  • ½ cup warm water
  • 2 tsp salt
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 4 tsp active dry yeast
  • 3 Tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water with a tsp of sugar; let stand until frothy.

Combine yeast mixture, milk, ½ cup sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter (about the consistency of pancake batter).

Beat thoroughly.

Add melted butter, eggs, and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.

Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and let dough rest.

Meanwhile, grease a large bowl.

Knead dough until smooth and satiny and put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. (I used the dough hook on my Kitchen-Aid to knead this for about 4-5 minutes).

Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.

Punch down.

Turn out onto a floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.

Shape dough into desired forms.

Place on greased baking sheets.

Let rise until doubled.

Bake at 350°F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter.

Cinnamon Honey Butter
  • ½ cup honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ⅓ cup powdered sugar
  • ½ cup butter, softened

Whip together with hand mixer until fluffy.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this recipe! My son absolutely loves their bread and would eat the whole basket full if I'd allow him to. I know what I will be making now :)

Reaction score
I have never eaten at texas road house but I have heard the buzz about the rolls. Can someone please tell me what it is about them that everyone loves so much?

Reaction score
I've never heard of these, but I love bread recipes! I bake a huge amount of bread, and love experimenting with different doughs.

I think I'll try this one; I like the sound of the cinnamon honey butter too!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reaction score
If it is from the South, then I will love it without even trying it. There is so much good food in your neck of the woods that I gain about 10 pounds each time I visit a southern state. The food is good up here where I live, but people are more health conscious and the flavors are just not the same.

Ask a Question