Textures

Reaction score
What's your opinion on different textures? For example, my husband loves the simple flavors of icecream (chocolate, vanilla, etc) because its provides a smooth, creamy texture. I think those are tasty but I much prefer the creative flavors of icecream that are full of different candies and cookies.

I'm like that in a lot of other food areas too. I like to have a bit of crunch in every meal even if its just a side of corn. My husband wouldn't care either way.

What do you prefer?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love to have crunch on my food in some fashion. Like a casserole with crunchy breaded topping or a fried food. This is not the best for me all of the time, but the crunchies are a huge treat. I am not fond of slimy foods, so that texture is completely out.

Reaction score
I like the feel of smoothies going down my throat as it's just so tantalizing, it puts me in a great mood.

Reaction score
Texture is definitely important to me. I can't deal with food that bites me back, like five-nut Chinese mooncakes. That said, I suppose the oatmeal that I love so much does have the slimy texture of the okra that I loathe so much, but the difference then is the flavor. Or maybe that okra is slightly slimier, so if oatmeal did that, I won't care if it's got cinnamon-sugary goodness: something must be terribly wrong!

Reaction score
Oh, I can't stand slimy food either. I think french style green beans are very slimy but unfortunately, my husband likes them. I have to make two separate cans if we have green beans.

Ask a Question