Thanksgiving

Reaction score
Only 2 days until Thanksgiving! To all our US members, I hope you have a great day :) Anyone got any delicious bakes planned?

Reaction score
Only 2 days until Thanksgiving! To all our US members, I hope you have a great day :) Anyone got any delicious bakes planned?

Thank you @Becky. I’m baking now. I’m going to be making biscotti, shortbread, coconut cream pie, and a vanilla cake with a passion fruit curd filling.

We have a family and Friendsgiving every year. My sister’s ex hosts the Thanksgiving with his current partner. People in my family get divorced but we keep the exes in the family:D

I’m having her ex and his partner over for a Christmas luncheon on the 13th. It’s really nice that we can all remain friends.

Reaction score
Wow, that's impressive! It all sounds delicious :) Will any of it be GF for you?

It's really nice that your family makes so much effort to stay friends with ex-partners, it must make everything so much easier. My mum and dad divorced when I was 7 but neither of them ever said a bad word about each other in front of me or my brother. They became friends, and he used to come and stay with us, and he got on well with my step-dad too. I know so many people whose divorced parents can't be civil, it's a real shame.

Reaction score
@Becky, that wonderful to hear your parents made an effort to keep life as normal and peaceful as possible for you. It’s best for everyone when a divorce is handled with grace and kindness.

I’m going to make the coconut cream pie gluten free. The filling is dairy free, but I’ll add make whipped cream for those who want it. We have two gluten-free, one dairy free, and one nut allergy in our group. So we always check and doublecheck with each other to in sure what were preparing can’t be eaten by those with dietary restrictions.

I know Thanksgiving is an American holiday but I hope you have a lovely weekend nonetheless.

Ask a Question