That's a Wrap!

Reaction score
Lately I've been reading about all the neat things you can do with an oven and tortilla wrappers.

Turn a cupcake pan upside-down and use the convex sides to hold the tortilla in a sort of bowl-shape in the oven. Bake until it's crispy and holds its shape without the pan. Fill with your favorite dip and thing-to-dip-in-the-dip, and watch a ball game. Eat the bowl after.

Substitute for pizza dough and arrange the usual: tomato sauce base, toppings, drizzle with shredded cheese. Tortilla wrappers can be quite thin, however, so layering a couple and using cheese to stick them together can make the perfect thin-crust that's cheese-stuffed (although I would think that a bit of cornstarch and water would do just as well to stick them together...)

It can even make for no-bake "rolled sandwiches" both sweet (banana raisin, or even as a no-bake thin-bread cinnamon roll) and savory (avocado salmon with plain yoghurt, anyone?)--although, of course, the cavewoman in me just likes to hang around the kitchen because of the fire, so, I'm just sort of sticking that in as an afterthought.

How do you like to use wraps? What's your favorite wrap?

Reaction score
I love torlillas. I use them for pizzas, sandwich wraps, breakfast wraps with eggs, ect,, just love them! When I do wraps with them I do both sweet and savory. I serve the wraps as is, or depending on the filling, I put them in the oven and crisp them up. I have one of those sandwich griddles that make the little triangle shaped sandwiches and i put the tortillas and their filling in that to make little pockets.

Reaction score
I love tortillas and wraps, and recently we have even taken to making our own tortillas at home. They are really simple to make, and you can make your own tortilla chips too...they are great with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on them.

Reaction score
I like to use tortillas and flat breads to make breakfast roll ups. I add eggs cheese and some type of meat along with onions , peppers and sometimes spiniche. I roll it all up together and stash them in the frige for a quick on the go meal.

Ask a Question