The BEST cake I've ever put in my mouth!

Reaction score
Hey Y'all! I just had to share this recipe with you that I came across while on Pinterest. I love cooking, baking and trying new recipes so when I seen this one, I knew I had to try it! I am so glad I did! It is so easy, tastes wonderful and also makes a pretty dish. If you take this dish to any kind of cook out, party or get together, be prepared to be asked over and over for the recipe. I just got in the habit of carrying the recipe in my purse! Most likely, it will be requested that you continue to make this for future get togethers! Don't say I didn't warn you! ;) This is what you are going to need:

~ 2 boxes of brownie mix
~ 1 extra large egg
~ 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz), softened
~ 1 cup of powdered sugar
~ 2 tubs of cool whip (8 oz containers)
~ 1 instant chocolate pudding (3 oz)
~ 1 instant vanilla pudding (3 oz)
~ 3 1/2 cups of milk
~ 1 Hershey candy bar

Prepare brownie mixes according to the directions on the box. Add egg. Bake in 9x13 inch greased and floured cake pan. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container of whipped topping. Spread this mixture on top of the cooled brownies. Blend puddings and milk together and add to the top of the cream cheese mixture. Top it off with the second container of whipped topping. Add chocolate shavings from the Hershey bar to the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Attachments

• browniecake.jpg
    browniecake.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 523
Reaction score
Do you have the link to this recipe on Pinterest? I'd rather just pin it to my dessert board instead of printing it out. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Reaction score
Sure! Here ya go! I hope you love it as much as I do! I would much rather have this on my birthday from now on instead of the usual store bought birthday cake! If you take this with you to a party or a family get together, you will not be bringing any home with you. However, I made one for just me and my husband and naturally it took us longer to eat it but I figured out it tastes even better the next day and the day after that! I guess it gets even better the longer it sits. Happy Baking!

http://pinterest.com/pin/27654985184160132/

Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing. I repinned it and I'm going to try making it soon.
This looks great and doesn't have a complicated list of ingredients.

Reaction score
That does look just totally scrumptious ! I have never been o n Pinterest, but it sure seems like a lot of recipes on there, so I guess I am going to have to check it out.
I love chocolate, and this dessert looks simple enough for even a cook like me who hates cooking, but likes good food.
The only thing is , we never go anywhere to take this along with us, and there is just the two of us to eat it. Maybe I can make a half size recipe ?

Reaction score
Hello Happyflowerlady!
You should definitely check out Pinterest but I must warn you....it can be addicting. There are tons of recipes on there. That is the main reason I get on Pinterest but there are also a lot of great ideas for decorating and organizing your home! I used my Swagbucks Search to see if I could find a smaller portion of this recipe . Check this link out: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/brownie-refrigerator-cake.htm ;)

Reaction score
My waistline is screaming just reading the recipe. I must try this as it sounds like a totally decadent treat. Chocolate and cool-whip anything is a vice I just cannot resist. Thank you so much for sharing this and including the link.

Reaction score
By the looks of the ingredients alone, I know it's going to taste very good! I definitely would be making this one. I love anything with chocolate and whipped cream in it! Yummy!

Reaction score
This looks like something that my son would love. I think that I will make it following your recipe exactly and try to make it with pudding made from scratch. I would like to see if the homemade pudding makes enough difference in the taste to be worth the extra effort. I am excited because Ghirardelli brownie mix is buy one get one this week.

Reaction score
It seems really delicious. I love chocolates. Maybe I'll try this one. I haven't done a cake alone. I always have someone with me. I mean someone guiding me. So maybe this will be the first.

Reaction score
I love love love chocolate! This recipe looks great because it calls for a lot of chocolate and sweets! :) I agree with some of the other posters, chocolate and whip cream are a great combination! I will definitely have to make this sometime! Although, I think I will wait and make it for a family get-together or when I have friends over because if I just make it without taking it anywhere or having anyone to share it with, I know I will most likely eat the whole thing! Haha! :) I do not need all those calories! :)

Reaction score
This sounds absolutely delicious. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate and this looks like it will not disappoint! This looks not too difficult to make which is great and I'll definitely save this recipe for a rainy day sometime.

I'd love to see some photos too if you had any, I'm sure it would look scrumptious.

Thanks for sharing this!

Reaction score
I love apple crumble pie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, they usually serve it in German restaurants but you can find lot's of recipes in the internet and also chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream is to die for, especially when the cakes are served warm so that it contrasts with the coldness of the ice cream.

Reaction score
Eek!! I'm a huge brownie fan and oh my this recipe is screaming my name! It even looks absolutely delicious! I started this to my favorites because I will be making this rather soon! Thanks for the recipe!

Reaction score
Wow- this sounds so rich and decadent. It doesn't sound like it'd be easy on my diet but it does sound like it'd be fantastic at a get together / larger gathering to share it around...thanks for the recipe and sharing the link as well :), Pinterest has everything.

Reaction score
Yummy! This sounds very good, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure I could pull this off on my own! Some parts of this recipe confused me.

Reaction score
oh yum! I am printing this out for our next group get-together. Thanks for sharing it.

Ask a Question