The best chocolate chip cookies ever

Reaction score
I've tried many chocolate chip cookies over the years and these are simply the best!

Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

To tell the truth I always replace the chocolate chips with small pieces of chopped dark chocolate, it makes the taste of the cookies so much more defined. Also if you don't like your cookies too sweet, you can cut down on sugar. The cookies also taste delicious if you put some nuts in the batter!

Reaction score
I like the addition of the cocoa powder. It seems like a lot though. It doesn't make the cookies dry? I'm always looking for new ways to make my cc cookies.
My sweet kids tell me mine are the best!!! LOL!! I just use the recipe off the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag! But, I'm willing to try this too!
I've copied it so I can try it later.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Reaction score
Wow, those sound VERY chocolatey, and very tasty. I'll give them a try the next time I make cookies. I like the idea of walnuts in cookies as I think they're a delicious tasting nut, and they're actually really healthy as well.

Ask a Question