The decline of decent baking channels

Reaction score
I watch baking videos on YouTube, and one of my favourites is How To Cook That by Ann Reardon. She clearly puts a lot of time and effort into her recipes, but she posted a video recently saying that channels such as hers are declining due to the rising popularity of low-quality videos from content farms such as 'So Yummy'.

It's really sad that it's coming to this :(

#SaveYouTubeBaking

Reaction score
I understand where she's coming from, but I feel that stuff like So Yummy has it's place, at least as a form of potential inspiration for people to try things, design wise at least.

Reaction score
I watch baking videos on YouTube, and one of my favourites is How To Cook That by Ann Reardon. She clearly puts a lot of time and effort into her recipes, but she posted a video recently saying that channels such as hers are declining due to the rising popularity of low-quality videos from content farms such as 'So Yummy'.

It's really sad that it's coming to this :(

#SaveYouTubeBaking

She doesn't understand, thats very typical, someone calls themself a chef and its obvious they have never spent 5 minutes in a commercial setting. The get 3 million subscribers.

A video of a trained professional gets 12 views.

my definition of youtube baking videos is people trying to teach what they cant do to people who wouldn't know the difference....Maybe I should go to home depot, buy some pipes and start teaching how to do plumbing.
Maybe next month I'll be an electrician.

Ask a Question