The Magic Bullet

Reaction score
Does anyone else have one of these? I bought one several years ago and I got a lot of use out of it. It's perfect for smaller jobs, when I don't want to haul out the full size food processor. Sometimes it works too well. I tried chopping onion with mine and it practically liquified it.

In addition to being an excellent smoothie maker (it grinds ice perfectly), it also works really well grinding and chopping nuts. Sometimes it is hard to do that with a large processor since they keep missing the blades.

Since the Magic Bullet came out, there are also a few other brands that look about the same. I haven't tried any of those yet so I can't speak to their performance.

Reaction score
Does anyone else have one of these? I bought one several years ago and I got a lot of use out of it. It's perfect for smaller jobs, when I don't want to haul out the full size food processor. Sometimes it works too well. I tried chopping onion with mine and it practically liquified it.

In addition to being an excellent smoothie maker (it grinds ice perfectly), it also works really well grinding and chopping nuts. Sometimes it is hard to do that with a large processor since they keep missing the blades.

Since the Magic Bullet came out, there are also a few other brands that look about the same. I haven't tried any of those yet so I can't speak to their performance.

I have not tried one of these but I would love to purchase one. I think it would be so much better than pulling out my processor each time and then having to wash it, dry it and put it away. I also have limited counter top space and when I use my processor it just takes us so much of the much needed room.

Reaction score
They do take up a lot less room on the counter, that's for certain. I keep mine in the cabinet along with all the cups that come with it. That is one of the nice things about it. You can make your smoothie right in the handled cup and it's ready to drink without pouring into another glass. Makes for less dishwashing and I am all for that!

Reaction score
They do take up a lot less room on the counter, that's for certain. I keep mine in the cabinet along with all the cups that come with it. That is one of the nice things about it. You can make your smoothie right in the handled cup and it's ready to drink without pouring into another glass. Makes for less dishwashing and I am all for that!

I am all for less dishwashing as well. LOL That is something I think that every household could use.

Reaction score
I had heard of these years ago. I didn't know they were still around. Can you still buy them? I would prefer something smaller to a food processor too! Its nice that you can use it to chop up ice - sometimes that breaks the blades! I would love it for making graham crackers into fine pieces for crust, or for making bread crumbs. Have you used it for those? :)

Reaction score
Yes, they are still around. When they first came out you had to order them off the television but now they are sold all over the place in the stores.

They work great from grinding up ice, graham crackers, or anything else you want to chop. In particular, they make fantastic smoothies. :)

Reaction score
I don't have this, but I see the infomercials on TV all of the time, and I was wondering if it works! Sounds like you've had a lot of success with it, so I might have to look into it. Is it good for juicing at all? Like if I just wanted a small glass, or to condense some fruits and veggies for my big juicer? Thanks so much for letting us know how it works!

Reaction score
The one I bought came with a juicer attachment that looks like a blender and it has some sort of way that it filters out the pulp. To be honest, I have had this Magic Bullet set for about 6 years now and I only used that part of it once
or twice.

I've used it a lot for making smoothies. A little yogurt, a banana, some berries, a splash of milk, and some ice cubes and it's delicious.

You could probably check it out online. :)

Reaction score
I never really understood the advantage of these, but I have seen them in use a lot on people's personal cooking videos, so apparently they are quite popular. I get it that it's smaller than a blender, but I'm not going to ditch my blender in place of it, especially when I am doing larger batches that wouldn't fit into it.

The biggest thing I can see it perhaps solving is when stuff gets stuck to the side of a traditional blender and doesn't get mixed. With the shape of the Magic Bullet, it's kind of like an inverted blender with the widest part of the container where the spinning blades are.

I've also heard of people complaining about the motor on these getting stressed out and giving off odors rather easily. Some have even said the Ninja brand one was more powerful.

Reaction score
I have never had good luck with blenders. They just don't seem to do the jobs I want it to do. When it comes to ice, they don't shave it properly either. The Magic Bullet makes the ice almost into a slushie consistency and that is important to me. It also will chop meat very well. I can make a wonderful ham, chicken or tuna salad right in the device by throwing in the meat, some onion, pickle, mayo (whatever it may be) and within a couple seconds it is ready to eat.

Reaction score
I have knock off version of there magic bullet. I like the convenience of the smaller blending jars. It's nice to be able to grind a small amounts of seed or spice without making a huge mess. They are also great for smoothes on the go because you can make one tumbler at a time , screw on the lid and be on your way. Clean up is extremely easy with this appliance . You can add a little soap and water in the container then put it back on and blend for a few seconds. Next dump out the soapy water and rince.

Reaction score
I bought one of these as well; we got it for about $50 on sale. I love how it doesn't take up too much room and it is extremely easy to use and clean. The blades are very handy, I remember the first time I used it I wanted to chop some vegetables but I used the wrong blade so it did nothing, I changed it and it chopped beautifully. Mine came with 4 cups.

Reaction score
I want one! I currently don't have a blender, and I really want to make smoothies. I was looking yesterday at Target and saw the Bullet there. Maybe I will ask my inlaws to get me one for Christmas. I'm too cheap to buy myself a $50 blender! But I know many people who have it and love it. I just want to make a milkshake and a smoothie!

Reaction score
I want one! I currently don't have a blender, and I really want to make smoothies. I was looking yesterday at Target and saw the Bullet there. Maybe I will ask my inlaws to get me one for Christmas. I'm too cheap to buy myself a $50 blender! But I know many people who have it and love it. I just want to make a milkshake and a smoothie!

I did not pay 50 dollars for mine. Like I said I bought a knock off and paid around 20- 30 dollars. Look around your bargain store or Ebay.

Reaction score
Check their website too. Often times they have a special where you buy one and they throw in another set for the same price. Maybe someone else can go in on it with you if you see that kind of deal. I have seen them a lot of the times on Ebay too but make sure you read the whole item description so you don't end up with one that has a broken seal. There is a little rubber seal that goes around the inside of the blade attachment.

Reaction score
I borrowed my mother's Magic Bullet ages ago to compare it to my ninja.. I still prefer my Ninja. We drink a LOT of smoothies, so I needed something that wasn't an issue cleaning (blenders always gather gunk at the bottom, you never quite get every last drop. Well, I never did anyway lol) and I needed something that wouldn't leave chunks in my drinks. The Ninja is soooooo easy to clean. Every last drop goes in the glass. If it's something thicker, just take out the blades and scrape it out.. the shape of the containers make it so easy to get it all. I've never had anything work better (and I've used it for so many things.. not disappointed yet.) Mum's magic bullet though.. I can't remember why, but I obviously didn't switch.

Reaction score
I have one, but I guess I never really saw the point in it. The only thing I ever used it for was for making smoothies. I already have various sized food processors which I would use for chopping things....

I don't make enough smoothies to justify buying it.

Reaction score
I love using the Mafic Bullet for all kinds of things from smoothies to making chicken salad.

Josie - I have heard a lot of great things about the Ninja and that would be the next logical machine of that type that I will probably end up buying. My Magic Bullet is many years old now and will need an update eventually. I appreciate hearing about your Ninja. It sounds like a helpful thing to have around the kitchen.

Ask a Question