The most glamorous looking baked goods?

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by cupcakechef, Aug 11, 2015.

1. cupcakechef

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

I would say to me, the first thing that comes to mind when I am thinking of baked goods that really look like a work of art would be the croquembouche. I've never tried to make one before because they just seem so intimidating - but I think it would look incredible as a centrepiece on a table for a special event.

Can you think of any baked good or dessert that really is a show-stopper when it comes to how it looks?

[​IMG]

cupcakechef, Aug 11, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. cupcakechef

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I've seen some really nice cakes that made me go wow... here is my favorite one:

[​IMG]

I could never do something like that, but I'd definitely buy something like this for a very special occasion. I think it's pretty :)

Trellum, Aug 12, 2015
    Jenny and cupcakechef like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. cupcakechef

Tina Nord Well-Known Member

That picture is absolutely gorgeous. Are those real flowers or some sort of icing flower. They look so amazing it is hard to tell. I would never be able to pull off something that nice looking!

Tina Nord, Aug 12, 2015
  4. cupcakechef

Winterybella Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Sorry there is so much black and white but I love black white and we can speak glamour and not see shoes.

Winterybella, Aug 12, 2015
    cupcakechef likes this.
  5. cupcakechef

cupcakechef Well-Known Member

Oh wow - that takes the cake (haha!)

What a beautiful creation - it really would be the star of the show at any event. Almost too beautiful to cut into though! I wonder how long it took to make...I wish my cake decorating skills were at that sort of level. Something to aspire to though!

cupcakechef, Aug 13, 2015
  6. cupcakechef

Jenny Active Member

Wow... this cake looks fantastic. I wish I could design a cake that fancy too. No I'm that that artistic, I'm only good at cookies and cupcakes with simple frosting :D

Jenny, Aug 13, 2015
  7. cupcakechef

I know right!! I'd love seeing something like that on my table, but it's tooo pretty to eat!! My problem with things that are to pretty to eat is that is so hard to eat them, no idea how to start not even how to cut it, lol. And you are right, it would certainly be a star! The flowers look so beautiful and realistic, don't you think? I wonder what they're made of?

Something to aspire though ;) I'd like to see a cup cake like that, but with really tiny fondant flowers :p

Trellum, Aug 13, 2015
  8. cupcakechef

I think they're some sort of icing flowers :) If I am right then the person who made them has a really cool skill and incredible talent. I could only dream with doing something as beautiful as that :p

Trellum, Aug 13, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question