The most glamorous looking baked goods?

Reaction score
I would say to me, the first thing that comes to mind when I am thinking of baked goods that really look like a work of art would be the croquembouche. I've never tried to make one before because they just seem so intimidating - but I think it would look incredible as a centrepiece on a table for a special event.

Can you think of any baked good or dessert that really is a show-stopper when it comes to how it looks?

croquembouche5.jpg

Reaction score
Well, I've seen some really nice cakes that made me go wow... here is my favorite one:

db20c18312a20d7930225f129f5b2722.jpg

I could never do something like that, but I'd definitely buy something like this for a very special occasion. I think it's pretty :)

Reaction score
Well, I've seen some really nice cakes that made me go wow... here is my favorite one:

I could never do something like that, but I'd definitely buy something like this for a very special occasion. I think it's pretty :)
That picture is absolutely gorgeous. Are those real flowers or some sort of icing flower. They look so amazing it is hard to tell. I would never be able to pull off something that nice looking!

Reaction score

Oh wow - that takes the cake (haha!)

What a beautiful creation - it really would be the star of the show at any event. Almost too beautiful to cut into though! I wonder how long it took to make...I wish my cake decorating skills were at that sort of level. Something to aspire to though!

Reaction score

Wow... this cake looks fantastic. I wish I could design a cake that fancy too. No I'm that that artistic, I'm only good at cookies and cupcakes with simple frosting :D

Reaction score
Oh wow - that takes the cake (haha!)

What a beautiful creation - it really would be the star of the show at any event. Almost too beautiful to cut into though! I wonder how long it took to make...I wish my cake decorating skills were at that sort of level. Something to aspire to though!

I know right!! I'd love seeing something like that on my table, but it's tooo pretty to eat!! My problem with things that are to pretty to eat is that is so hard to eat them, no idea how to start not even how to cut it, lol. And you are right, it would certainly be a star! The flowers look so beautiful and realistic, don't you think? I wonder what they're made of?

Wow... this cake looks fantastic. I wish I could design a cake that fancy too. No I'm that that artistic, I'm only good at cookies and cupcakes with simple frosting :D

Something to aspire though ;) I'd like to see a cup cake like that, but with really tiny fondant flowers :p

Reaction score
That picture is absolutely gorgeous. Are those real flowers or some sort of icing flower. They look so amazing it is hard to tell. I would never be able to pull off something that nice looking!

I think they're some sort of icing flowers :) If I am right then the person who made them has a really cool skill and incredible talent. I could only dream with doing something as beautiful as that :p

Ask a Question