The Perfect Vanilla Souffle

Reaction score
Lets look at making a Soufflé and what Chef tips I can give you to make your Soufflé’s perfect!

My Basic Soufflé Recipe

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 Cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, separated

Method
Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees Celsius
Butter Individual soufflé dishes and roll granulated sugar throughout the dishes
Set aside the prepared soufflé dish
Bring 1 cup of the milk to a simmer in a medium pan set over medium heat.
Stir together 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour and the remaining 1/3 cup milk until it forms a smooth batter.
Slowly whisk half of the hot milk into the batter, making sure to combine the ingredients until they are completely smooth
Add the batter back to the hot milk in the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly.
Stir and cook the mixture until it has thickened (1 minutes)Stir the butter into the mixture and allow it to cool at room temperature for 10 minutesStir in the vanilla extract.In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they become foamy, and then add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, continue beating the egg whites until they hold stiff glossy peaks.
Gently stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the vanilla mixture, then carefully fold in the remaining whipped egg whites
The vanilla mixture should be evenly coloured light and bubbly
Spoon the soufflé mixture half way up the prepared dishes and allow it to rest, covered, for up to 30 minutes
Bake until the soufflé has risen with a crusty exterior

Tips

Always grease your soufflé dishes with butter using UPWARDS strokes with your pastry brush and then dust with caster sugar & cocoa powder and then dash off any excess sugar or cocoa powder

Once you put the mixture into the Soufflé dish (fill half way up) then run your thumb around the edge this will ensure a straight and even rise

Once cooked serve IMMEDIATELY, you cannot cook your soufflé and then leave it until you serve or eat it as it will collapse

The above picture is how your Vanilla Soufflé should look

And this is how your Vanilla Soufflé Should NOT look like, if this happens you have not cooked them enough, or you have over whisked the mixture

Reaction score
I have got to try this! I always wanted to make a soufflé. Thanks for the recipe, it looks amazing. :D

Reaction score
I purchased ramekins a long time ago with the intention of baking a souffle.
I never got around to it but seeing this recipe give me a good reason to bull them out and try.

Reaction score
This is a super recipe for a souffle, I am going to the store Friday to restock my cabinets and I will certainly be attempting this recipe. I have never made a souffle but this recipe seems less intimidating than other I have seen. I am interested in a savory souffle are there any ideas that would compliment this recipe? :)

Ask a Question