The Simplest Cookies

Reaction score
The other night the pantries were low but I was really craving something sweet so I went to the internet to find the simplest recipes that take the least ingredients. What I found was a simple cookie that proved to be very pleasing. The ingredients were flour, sugar, and butter period. Some of you may already know this trick but I was awestruck that such tasty cookies could come from so little. I made this cookies and for three days following I was asked by members of my household to make them again.

Reaction score
I'm with you on that - some of the most delicious things are the most simple :)

Reaction score
Minimalism in kitchen is the best way to go but I have to say I haven't made these cookies. I heard about it, three-ingredient-cookies but never tried them out or opened a link to see those ingredients although I kind of guessed what they could be. Would you be so kind and give us the recipe and some pictures with it.
My guess would be you just mix those ant you bake them or dry them on low heat but on the other hand you can eve melt sugar and then try something out.

Reaction score
Oh yes, give me a sugar cookie any day over all the fancy stuff. I actually used to work in a place that shard a plaza with a cookie store, and they did have all sorts of fancy stuff and would give us free ones, but I always just had the sugar cookies, and they were great. I do like M&M cookies too though, but those are still pretty simple to me.

Reaction score
It's really amazing how we could actually make something out of a limited number of ingredients. I also love being able to create things out of just a few number of ingredients. I think this is just one of the joys and perks of cooking that surprises us every now and then. :)

Reaction score
Hmm, flour, sugar, and butter? That looks simple and very encouraging for newbies like me. But I wonder how to make cookies from those ingredients. I remember when we experimented with baking bread, we made the dough wrongly and you can guess that it was a disaster. But maybe I can try that cookie recipe, wait, it's not a recipe but just a list of ingredients. Okay, let me ask the baker in the house if he could bake good and delicious cookies from such a simple list of ingredients.

Ask a Question