The term LOL is dying out!

Reaction score
Okay, so totally off topic from baking, but I read an article today about the fact that the abbreviation LOL Is dying out.

It said that it is being replaced by the more favored "haha", "hehe" or even emojis to express that a person is amused.

What do you think? When you're communicating online, how do you express that you found something funny?

17-I-lol.jpg

Reaction score
I still use, lol :p But lately I seem to use more the ''haha'' than lol. I'm starting to favour lol less and less, I find it kinda irritating when my fiance uses it in the wrong moments... when we are messaging and something not funny at all for me happens. I might be the kind of person who might still use ''lol'' from time to time ;)

Reaction score
I still use, lol :p But lately I seem to use more the ''haha'' than lol. I'm starting to favour lol less and less, I find it kinda irritating when my fiance uses it in the wrong moments... when we are messaging and something not funny at all for me happens. I might be the kind of person who might still use ''lol'' from time to time ;)

Sounds just like me! Occasionally I'll break out the "lol" but usually I just say haha. Or if I'm text messaging someone it's usually just laughing emojis or things like that!

I guess everything has its timeframe of popularity - even lol!

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel ''lol'' is more appropriate than using ''hahahaha'' or emojis, but sometimes emojis and a ''hahahaha'' are better. I think it depends a lot on the situation, but I have indeed noticed people seem to be using emojis more nowadays. I actually like it :) Sometimes when people used ''lol'' it seemed so rude, under certain circumstances, of course. Sometimes a smiley is much better.

Reaction score
Actually I am really fond of using "ha ha ha" and "he he he" when I am communicating online or even in text messaging in my phone...It is just that I am comfortable using it instead of "lol"...

Reaction score
I use all of them depending on the situation! Sometimes one is just perfect for the context and like others have said - sometimes it isn't appropriate! Funny thing is - I was using HaHa and HeeHee before they were cool! LOL!!! :) There, now I've done it! Haha!! :)

Reaction score
Actually I am really fond of using "ha ha ha" and "he he he" when I am communicating online or even in text messaging in my phone...It is just that I am comfortable using it instead of "lol"...

I'm actually trying to use the ''Hahahaha'' more than ''LOL'', but to be honest sometimes I do feel like ''Lol'' is more appropriate than ''hahahaha'' because sometimes if I use ''hahahaha'' I might sound like a total maniac to the person on the receiving end :p But that happens rarely.

Reaction score
I was going to say that you Trellum are ahead of the game. I am sure you did hehehe in the past. Am I wrong? I actually found it quite funny so please tell me I am giving you the right credit. I was not aware lol was dying out. Since that's the case I might use it more. I like to use things people leave behind. I like being the odd one....sometimes.

Reaction score
I was going to say that you Trellum are ahead of the game. I am sure you did hehehe in the past. Am I wrong? I actually found it quite funny so please tell me I am giving you the right credit. I was not aware lol was dying out. Since that's the case I might use it more. I like to use things people leave behind. I like being the odd one....sometimes.

It seems that is the case :( But I have met people who still use ''LOL'', personally I tend to think those who use ''lol'' seem to be more friendly and approachable than those who use the manic sounding ''hahahahaha''. So I guess that is why I prefer ''LOL'', most of the time :p I also use ''hahahahaha'' sometimes though, but it depends on the situation.

Ask a Question