The Ultimate Dark Chocolate Cake

Reaction score
This looks absolutely scrumptious! I love anything chocolate and this looks like it would definitely be a treat! Coffee always tastes great with chocolate cake.

I am definitely going to save this recipe to try for later and let you know how it went.

Reaction score
I found this recipe about 2 years ago on the internet, and ever since I have been making this cake and even as cupcakes. Everyone LOVES my chocolate cake (will, it's not my recipe) and I'm kind of famous for it now (and for my cheesecake)

You need:
1 3/4 cups of flour
3/4 unsweetened
2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons backing powder
1 teaspoon salt (I only add 1/4 teaspoon, and sometimes I skip salt and backing soda)
2 teaspoon backing soda (double the amount of salt)
2 eggs
1 cup strong brewed coffee (use a really good coffee. I changed the type of coffee once and it does really make a difference)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
Vanilla extract

I prefer having it with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate frosting
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v-gRaHxlKsQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This cake sounds delicious. Even though I haven't tried this recipe yet, I would recommend using either Eight o' Clock or Folgers coffee. Both brands have a lot of flavor and will add this flavor to the cake, making it even more delicious.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds delicious.
I've never tried it but I would vote for using either Folgers or Eight O'clock as the coffee to use. Both brands of coffee have a rich flavor which should carry over to the cake and make it even more delicious.

Ask a Question