Three tier cake for birthday?

Reaction score
I want to make my son a tall cake for his birthday, and I want it to be decorated nicely. I want something unique and fancy in a way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
He's going to be 8 and he wants a tall cake. I want to give him what he wants. I have been checking out websites with really nice web designs but personally the tallest I have went is with 2 rounds stacked. I would like to give him a really good cake made with my own hands.

Reaction score
How about a cake shaped like a rocket? It is an easy shape to do, and you could build up multiple layers whilst keeping a fairly sturdy structure.

This is what I've got in mind:

coolest-rocket-cake-26-21617507.jpg
coolest-rocket-cake-26-21617508.jpg

What do you think?

Reaction score
That is really great. It looks like it wouldn't really be hard. That is very creative. I have been looking at sites, and really couldn't find anything. I will definitely do this, and he does love rockets!

Reaction score
I will update with pics on how it goes. I do so believe it will go quite well. I can't wait!

Reaction score
Yes, it would be great to have an update on how things worked out with your son's birthday cake. A good idea is to make something your son has an interest in and that would be easy to do.

Reaction score
I'd like to see updates myself. My son will be turning 1 in October and I'm going to have him a three tiered monkey cake made. I may even decide on something else but not sure yet.

Reaction score
Three-tier cakes are so fancy! I love the idea for a birthday party. A superhero theme is always a fun idea, and I like that in this version each tier is highlighting a different hero:
superhero.jpg

This kind of three-tier also looks pretty easy to make at home. Looks like you just bake three different cakes in different size square/rectangle pans, then stack them up but at an angle. This brown is a little boring, but I like the idea of decorating each tier like a present, or as anything your son likes.
three.jpg

Reaction score
There are endless options available if you want to surprise your little child. You can go for 3 tier-cake with his favorite lollipops or chocolates stuck on it. Another option could be making a cartoon character sit on the top tier and he will love you for this. Whatever you make, ensure that it is colorful and attractive. Waiting for the pictures. All the best.

Reaction score
I really like the superhero cake; that is way too cool! I have also seen really fun cakes with various themes, so I would think about what his favorite things are (like characters, movies or TV shows, etc). If you're having a themed party of any kind, you can probably use your theme for ideas for a matching cake that he'll love.

Reaction score
You could do a transformers cake. Maybe on tier could be the word Transformers decorated to look like the movie posters and the next could be the bottom half of bumble bee and the last tier could be his top half. Because the transformers are robots essentially you could probably piece together various shapes and size of squares and rectangles and do most of the work with frosting. Something like that or you could do "transformers, the megatron ( the cube thingy from the first movie), and then a car or a truck with little transformer figurines/ candles hanging off or sticking in them.

Ask a Question